The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

The man in front of me in the queue at CEX today was also trading in Cyberpunk, That £36 trade-in price is going to drop.

Edit: It's £23 now.

Edited by 30801

• RMweb Gold

Dom has been playing cyberpunk on his (well actually mine) Xbox one S and he says it’s quite smooth but now and again a car passing by goes blocky or will disappear but he seems to like it

he bought himself an oculus VR the other day out of his wages, I had a quick go of recroom but was not impressed, basic graphics but is be interested to see what a proper game is like on it such as one of the Star Wars ones you can get, or even a decent driving game or flight sim

he days the head set can be used with various consoles too but I’ve not looked into that, be interesting if it can be used with PSVR games as we still have a load despite selling the VR a few months back 

• RMweb Gold

Got me wondering with a high level of trade ins, will the resale price of Cyberpunk also take a hit.  The £5 saving verses the retail price at the moment feels a bit much, but if it was to fall further I would be very tempted to buy a copy and then put it away for a month or so while the patch the game like crazy.  

My Series X was dispatched yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow (having snagged one of the ultimate game pass releases Game put on sale on November 24th), though I suspect my wife will be removing it for Christmas when she gets home from work...

3 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Got me wondering with a high level of trade ins, will the resale price of Cyberpunk also take a hit.  The £5 saving verses the retail price at the moment feels a bit much, but if it was to fall further I would be very tempted to buy a copy and then put it away for a month or so while the patch the game like crazy.  

My Series X was dispatched yesterday and should arrive today or tomorrow (having snagged one of the ultimate game pass releases Game put on sale on November 24th), though I suspect my wife will be removing it for Christmas when she gets home from work...

Looking on CDKeys it's actually gone up to £42 from the £40 I paid for the XBox version.

Playing on the Series S I don't really have any major concerns so far. Nothing game breaking and no crashes so far.

What I've come across:

• Subtitles tend to stick. The last thing someone said will sometimes stay there until you restart the game.
  • Looking in the mirror in my apartment I may or may not have hair. Or clothes.
  • Had a problem stuck walking slowly. Going into and out of the phone interface fixed it. (possibly related to using the phone in a car)

I suppose the question is do you want to leave it until the proper next-gen version launches.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, 30801 said:
  • Had a problem stuck walking slowly. Going into and out of the phone interface fixed it. (possibly related to using the phone in a car)

Hopefully that'll discourage people using phones in the car! :D

1 minute ago, Reorte said:

Hopefully that'll discourage people using phones in the car! :D

Not a bug, but a UI issue is the waypoint marker with text saying where you're supposed to be going rather gets in the way of seeing where you're going....

7 minutes ago, 30801 said:

I suppose the question is do you want to leave it until the proper next-gen version launches.

Yes, yes I do.

It's an uncomfortable state of affairs, but I can't help thinking this game has been literally bound to the rails and then decapitated by its own hype train.

I get excited about new games, of course I do including this one but, sheesh. I can't say if this is the fault of CDPR's "machine", the eager media or ravenous potential consumers. Or indeed all of the above...

Seven years to make, with pre-order literally day one. 

Media blitz marketing of hyper kewl visuals. 

We won't, we will, we have to crunch (updated monthly).

How many platforms (incl. a new generation of same)?!

I'm not buying a busted game. And one way or another, CP2077 has been a perfect storm of a lot wrong with how games are developed, published and consumed.

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Classsix T said:

I'm not buying a busted game. And one way or another, CP2077 has been a perfect storm of a lot wrong with how games are developed, published and consumed.

Yes and no. It's been delayed several times and that doesn't seem to have caused annoyance - it's that it's still buggy even after those delays. CDPR before got praised for delaying rather than rushing with The Witcher 3, and that looked like a bit of a wake-up call to game publishers who have often been guilty of pushing incomplete games out to meet a deadline. The message being that you'll do a lot better off if you do it right rather than fast.

• RMweb Gold
On 15/12/2020 at 02:36, big jim said:

... despite selling the VR a few months back 

Can I ask why you sold the PSVR headset?  I have a wee bit of budget left over after my Hi-Fi replacement spree and was fancying giving the old PSVR a try...

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Gold

Gentle gamers, most of the usual suspects will know by now that I'm not a hardcore gamer, and I'm a bit nehind the curve.  That said, I like what I like and the PS4 helps me no end to relax.  Chief protaginist in the unwind stakes is currently 2k studios PGA Golf which I just can't get enough of - sure it's flawed, but it serves a purpose.

Anyway, with that in mind you'll forgive me for discussing Detroit: Become Human.  I've dipped in and out of this since I got it a few years back, mainly on the back of really enjoying Heavy Rain on the PS3 - Incidentally, I got Heavy Rain for the PS4 as part of the console package. It's still in it's wrapper!

Anyway (talk about rambling !), I've been enjoying D: BH up until now, although sadly Kara and her child charge story has come to an end thanks to a collision whilst trying to cross the freeway. Markus has been directed to The Good Ship Jericho and Connor  is not getting on very well with the cantankerous Hank.  What's put me off a little bit and why I stopped playing a week or so ago is that Markus, whilst investigating Jericho has encountered some creepy creatures and it made me feel the same way I felt when trying to play The Last of Us i.e. creeped out!  I'm not very good with scary zombie type situations.  (I confess I never did progress with that game, couldn't get past the "click click.........raaaaaaaaaaawwwwr").

Can someone reassure me that it's all going to be okay or is my D: BH experience doomed?

Best

Scott.

1 hour ago, Reorte said:

Yes and no. It's been delayed several times and that doesn't seem to have caused annoyance

I'm told CDPR's stock performance graph resembles something of a roller-coaster with the dips coming directly after delay announcements etc. though. The delivered article and CDPR's direct acknowledgment that consumers are keen to get refunds can't have helped. 

So even without gaming's always furious window lickers, I'd say there are plenty of vexated folk out there.

C6T. 

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, scottystitch said:

Anyway (talk about rambling !), I've been enjoying D: BH up until now, although sadly Kara and her child charge story has come to an end thanks to a collision whilst trying to cross the freeway. Markus has been directed to The Good Ship Jericho and Connor  is not getting on very well with the cantankerous Hank.  What's put me off a little bit and why I stopped playing a week or so ago is that Markus, whilst investigating Jericho has encountered some creepy creatures and it made me feel the same way I felt when trying to play The Last of Us i.e. creeped out!  I'm not very good with scary zombie type situations.  (I confess I never did progress with that game, couldn't get past the "click click.........raaaaaaaaaaawwwwr").

Can someone reassure me that it's all going to be okay or is my D: BH experience doomed?

I don't recall Jericho being especially creepy. Kara and Alice have a minor creepy time. after the freeway but if you've killed Alice I don't know how that plays out. There's another minor creepy part later but nothing serious.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 30801 said:

I don't recall Jericho being especially creepy. Kara and Alice have a minor creepy time. after the freeway but if you've killed Alice I don't know how that plays out. There's another minor creepy part later but nothing serious.

Okay, thanks.

When Markus first starts exploring through the corridors of the ship, there is a figure that you hear/feel/half-see running past and then the scene opens up into a very dark large room, possibly an engine room or something.  I'm very skittish so maybe I'm making more of this than I should...

As  I said, I'm not really a gamer.

I've had a sinister encounter with another android in an abandoned house, as Kara. But that was okay. 

Best

Scott.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, scottystitch said:

Can I ask why you sold the PSVR headset?  I have a wee bit of budget left over after my Hi-Fi replacement spree and was fancying giving the old PSVR a try...

Best

Scott.

it was just gathering dust, hadn’t been used for about a year since the PS4 ended up in the man cave and Dom started using the Xbox more 

it’s a good piece of kit but the oculus is a stand alone unit and your not bogged down by wires and interfaces like the PSVR is 

Cyberpunk has been pulled from the PlayStation store and someone has made this buggy trailer for it. 

Meanwhile it's still working for me on the Series S 

5 hours ago, 30801 said:

Cyberpunk has been pulled from the PlayStation store and someone has made this buggy trailer for it. 

Meanwhile it's still working for me on the Series S 

Oh lordy. There was mention of a load of furore because of how the PS Store works, something about Sony's refusal to refund on digital downloads. CDPR tweeted begging PS4 users to bear with it and wait for patches. What a mess.

C6T. 

What I find particularly 'something amiss' about the whole base PS4 issue is that CDPR had said that the final delay to the game's release was specifically for tweaks and polish (arf!) to the next gen console versions. They may even have said back in September iirc that the game was "finished". Really? I'm struggling to comprehend any definition of finished to this!

Perhaps it's the Mortal Kombat definition. "How's our reputation these days guys?" FATALITY!

C6T.

Worth adding also, copies sent out for review (either suspiciously close to or on release day itself) were PC versions only. No console code was made available.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, big jim said:

it was just gathering dust, hadn’t been used for about a year since the PS4 ended up in the man cave and Dom started using the Xbox more 

it’s a good piece of kit but the oculus is a stand alone unit and your not bogged down by wires and interfaces like the PSVR is 

Thanks Jim

Best

Scott.

56 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Oh lordy. There was mention of a load of furore because of how the PS Store works, something about Sony's refusal to refund on digital downloads. CDPR tweeted begging PS4 users to bear with it and wait for patches. What a mess.

C6T. 

Statement from Sony Interactive Entertainment reads:

SIE strives to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, therefore we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store. SIE will also be removing Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation Store until further notice.

Once we have confirmed that you purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via PlayStation Store, we will begin processing your refund. Please note that completion of the refund may vary based on your payment method and financial institution.

C6T

• RMweb Gold

Finally got my hands on my Series X on  Thursday, although I am delaying the 4K TV purchase to the Jan sales so can’t test it to its full capacity yet.

Very pleased with Gamepass so far, particularly having skipped the forth gen hardware there’s a fair bit on there that I haven’t experienced yet.   The only issue being getting time on the TV, I miss my Friday afternoons off work!  

At the moment I have PUBG installed for my multiplayer shooting fix (although using a controller as opposed to a mouse is taking some adjustment), NHL20 and finally getting to play the third Witcher.   Once the latter is complete I will have to get myself a copy of RDR2 as I’ve been wanting to play it for years!  (I think I’m right in saying it’s just GTA that is getting a 5th gen upgrade).

I sold my G25 wheel when I saw it didn’t have Xbox support (it will be funding the good shed for Brent). Without it I can’t really get motivated  to install a racing game.   

would welcome any other suggestions for decent FPS or RPG to try

xbox tag is unsurprisingly The Fatadder 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

would welcome any other suggestions for decent FPS or RPG to try

I'm hearing a lot of love for Titanfall 2 but have yet to give it a spin. I've liked what I've played so far of Metro Exodus, even though third person is my favoured game style. 

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T