The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, big jim said:

i do like a good pinball game, got that one and the one on the switch, ideally id like a real table in the man cave (indiana jones is still a great one) but price and space put pay to that idea so the console versions are good enough 

snooker and pool game next

This was the one I had

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centaur_(pinball)

The prices have gone up a bit though !! - it cost me £299

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big jim said:

snooker and pool game next

Try before you buy on one of those Jim.

I got Hustle Kingz (sic) for PS3, which is OK. I got quite good at pool in GTA San Andreas but the shot control and ball physics changed slightly in GTA IV, meaning I couldn't quite master the game the same way.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T
Platform alteration (arf!)

It seems to me friends, that the promise of gaming riches proffered in February and April, has in actual fact delivered very little! Of course I can only speak from a PlayStation user point of view, the list of February releases I posted may well have given users of other platforms much joy (indeed I may well pickup Ace Combat 7 later, thanx Jim).

But it's blatantly apparent Anthem and Days Gone, two titles that if you believe the blurb will "redefine the gaming experience", failed dismally.

So since RDR2 hints, tips and thoughts, the majority of postings in the Lounge have been about Elite Dangerous (two years old as is and dating from 1984 originally) and a promised remaster of a (bygone?) Sniper Elite title.

E3 2019 is still over a month away and the only known release confirmation of any significance to me before Jedi: Fallen Order in November has been Dave's posting of a Sniper Elite 2 refresh. And I'm barely into SE3!

I dunno, I think the point I'm trying to make is akin to the conversation Reorte and I were having wrt release dates. Dump that calendar sh*t and release proper tested games. Rant over, the floor is yours. 

Or I could do some railway modelling, C6T. 

On 11/04/2019 at 18:39, Classsix T said:

I had heard Rockstar really worked their staff hard to get RDR2 out too.

C6T. 

https://ogn.theonion.com/rockstar-games-begins-imprisoning-programmers-for-red-1834446259

You naughty, naughty people. 

C6T. 

My drinking companion and I used to joke that you could tell at which point in a game it became apparent that the studio had received their bonuses and were on the last knockings of finishing the project off. We called it something like the "last Friday level".

We both agreed that the final chapters of Half Life 2 on the PS2 were so b*****d hard (I only actually finished the game via the invincibility cheat) that the Dev's had obviously given up on making the ending a seamless combat transition to an epic finale and instead jammed in a bunch of controller across the room inducing toss. And then bu99ered off to the pub.

Moving on twenty years, they now "crunch" to completion and bring to market almost complete titles that can be patched to acceptability at a later date. Progress! 

If you enjoyed Channel 4's celebration/gentle ribbing of Geek culture in The IT Crowd, you might enjoy Broken Pixels which is up on All4 at the moment. 

I can guarantee that even if you don't see yourself depicted you'll have met or know of a gamer who comes pretty close!

C6T.

(Oh, and the first few bars of the closing music is totally John Carpenter's theme from Assault on Precinct 13!)

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

Got hold of red dead redemption 2 today for the PS4, it’s the special edition with extras and I only gave £18 for it, even if the DLC has gone (which it currently appears to have downloaded, not opened the game yet) that price is damn good for the basic game alone!

also got a couple of games from a car boot last week from what looked like a retro game dealer, super Luigi U for the Wii U and Mario tennis aces for the switch for £35 the pair, the stall also had original sega game gear, mega drive, SNES consoles and games

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, big jim said:

Got hold of red dead redemption 2 today

There's a good booaahh, he says whilst patting his horse :D I'm still only 60% through the story and I've had it since Christmas. I keep getting distracted by hunting, helping strangers and just general exploring.

I seem to go in a cycle of play new DLC for Dirt 2.0, get infuriated at how difficult it is, then pick up RDR 2, play about 2 missions amongst lots of exploring and a good chillout sesh just riding my humble steed Gluestick II around the countryside. Then new DLC comes out on Dirt Rally 2.0 and we're back to the start of the cycle... Must not hurl the controller at the tv...

Happy days

Jo

Spent a lazy Sunday afternoon playing What Remains of Edith Finch, currently in the PSN subscription package.

Toddle around bonkers house investigating family history.

Very much in the Everybody's Gone to the Rapture vein, delightful.

C6T. 

On 11/05/2019 at 20:15, big jim said:

Got hold of red dead redemption 2 today for the PS4, it’s the special edition with extras and I only gave £18 for it, even if the DLC has gone (which it currently appears to have downloaded, not opened the game yet) that price is damn good for the basic game alone!

I'm being snouty Jim so disregard if you wish, but after you said up-thread:

"fallout 76, personally I don’t get games like that and red dead redemption etc and prefer driving games"

I'm curious, are you enjoying something of a return to gaming as your ankle-biters have grown and they've shown Dad how games have progressed, or like I did a number of years ago have decided to expand your horizons and take a punt to experience games you might've previously dismissed as "not my bag" and found out THIS IS SOOO FRICKING COOL!

C'mon Jim, we're all friends here!

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold

TBH I got it for the eldest lad as it was the cheapest I’ve seen it at, £18 is a price worth shelling out for as opposed to wasting £50-£60 

dom has so far played 0.1% of the game and lost his hat twice! 

His horse is called ‘america’ coz he couldn’t think of a name 

Must admit i did enjoy having a play on GTA V the other week though, it’s certainly progressed since I last played it (vice city iirc) 

• RMweb Premium

My horse is named Gluestick II. I did ponder Prittstick, but I don't think modern glue includes equine traces.

Next horse will be called Iceland Lasagne I think.

Any other names to describe the horse's future? :lol:

Jo

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Sniper 2 Remastered downloaded - manages it in around 60 mins now our fast broadband has been installed.

I really like the single player games, my only gripe is the weapon selection is the "old" way, it would have been nice if they'd updated S2R to use the wheel like S4. Not even bothered with the campaign yet, I'm running around derelict villages shooting bad guys - the panzershreck (rocket launcher) is my achilles heel at the moment, the enemy keeps killing me with it !

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, Steadfast said:

My horse is named Gluestick II. I did ponder Prittstick, but I don't think modern glue includes equine traces.

Next horse will be called Iceland Lasagne I think.

Any other names to describe the horse's future? :lol:

Jo

I've been rather less original in giving my nags Finsbury Park allox Deltic names, however, if on a particularly tricky bit of terrain horsey is struggling to make progress I have reverted to childhood tea-time telly and exclaimed out loud, "C'mon Number Seven!"

...and if you get that reference you get a gold star! C6T. 

• RMweb Gold

Just noticed SE2 Remastered was available this afternoon and started the download. Will be firing it up in a moment to try it out!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well if the ugly cousin of English Electric design floats your boat, that's a good theme for names! The image of shouting C'mon number seven does make me chuckle though! I must admit the reference is lost on me though, so no gold star here.

I reckon some of the 60s would make good horse names, not sure about Reginald Munns or Charles Francis Brush but I reckon Capability Brown, Steadfast or An Teallach could suit a pony!

Jo

I'm rather liking the look of A Plague Tale: Innocence right now.

But if I buy it I probably won't have the motivation to finish Days Gone....

1 minute ago, 30801 said:

I'm rather liking the look of A Plague Tale: Innocence right now.

But if I buy it I probably won't have the motivation to finish Days Gone....

Lordy, you've paid cash money and stuck with Days Gone? 

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Steadfast said:

I reckon some of the 60s would make good horse names, not sure about Reginald Munns or Charles Francis Brush but I reckon Capability Brown, Steadfast or An Teallach could suit a pony!

Jo

Cant believe you’ve missed the obvious one, 60048 “saddleback”

8 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Lordy, you've paid cash money and stuck with Days Gone? 

It's OK. With hindsight I wouldn't have pre-ordered and paid full price for it....

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, big jim said:

Cant believe you’ve missed the obvious one, 60048 “saddleback”

That one was staring me in the face wasn't it!

Jo