The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

23 minutes ago, beast66606 said:

Sniper Elite 2 remastered is out on May 14 - ordered myself a copy as I am still enjoying Sniper 4

Is that PC only via Epic/Steam or across multiple platforms Skip?

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

Pre-orders now available on other platforms

What platforms will Sniper Elite V2 Remastered be available on?

Sniper Elite V2 Remastered will be available on:

-          Nintendo Switch

-          Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

-          Playstation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro

-          PC via Steam, GOG and the Microsoft Store

Will there be a physical (disc/cartridge) version of the game?

Yes, there will be physical copies available for the following platforms.

-          PlayStation 4

-          Xbox One

-          Switch

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I find it interesting that the PS5 is apparently to have ray traced graphics, but on an AMD GPU, not one of the recent Nvidia ones. I wonder if the next XBox will get something similar, seeing as AMD seem to have a monopoly on console chipsets...?

• RMweb Gold

Had a bit of a gaming weekend.....

I’ve downloaded a flight game called Ace Combat 7 to the Xbox, done a couple of missions so far, not too bad a game, good with the surround sound on to hear other planes circling round yoU, it says it’s available as a VR game on PS4 but I could imagine it would get a bit disorienting very quickly!

been cracking on with forza 4 on XBox doing various tasks and missions 

played super smash bros ultimate on the switch via the big screen but struggled as the A and B buttons on Nintendo are transposed compared to  the Xbox so I kept pushing B instead of A and vice versa! 

Picked up a PSP from a car boot today for £2 with tiger woods, fifa 09 and r-type, fully expected it not to work but got it home and plugged it in and worked perfectly, it can be used as an extra PS4 controller too 

• RMweb Premium

Games with Gold on the XBox have an updated version of 'Outcast' for free at the moment. I remember the PC version of the game from the late 90s as being one of the first to have an original score performed by a real orchestra.

Just treated myself to a switch. Gotta day first time in a long time a new console has felt like a significant upgrade from it predecessor. Plus super Mario odyssey and super smash brothers ultimate is as good as any exclusive on the PS4 and Xbox 1. 

Big james 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had my switch a few weeks now, quite enjoying it, the little un won’t give up his mario games for me to borrow though but we have played Mario kart 8 via the projector which is brilliant

smash bros ultimate is enjoyable, between us we have 8 “joycons” so I should imagine an 8 player brawl would be a right laugh (just need 8 friends now!) 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/04/2019 at 16:05, beast66606 said:

Sniper Elite 2 remastered is out on May 14 - ordered myself a copy as I am still enjoying Sniper 4

Ooh nice! SE 4 was the first of the series that I played and loved it so much, bought SE 3 in a steam sale for a couple of quid. Never went back as far as 2 though so this will be a good opportunity to try it. Strangely I was talking with my brother the other day and he said "I wonder if they are doing an SE5 yet?"

Edited by 57xx
Speeling

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Ooh nice! SE 4 was the first of the series that I played and loved it so much, bought SE 3 in a steam sale for a couple of quid. Never went back as far as 2 though so this will be a good opportunity to try it. Strangely I was talking with my brother the other day and he said "I wonder if they are doing an SE5 yet?"

Under development - planned for next year

On 20/04/2019 at 14:33, Ian J. said:

I find it interesting that the PS5 is apparently to have ray traced graphics, but on an AMD GPU, not one of the recent Nvidia ones. I wonder if the next XBox will get something similar, seeing as AMD seem to have a monopoly on console chipsets...?

...and up to 8K resolution for the Sony offering. Details are scarce but the next Xbox is rumoured to be even more powerful than the PS5 will be.

Slightly connected, there's a set of short animated films on Netflix currently under the banner of Love, Death, Robots. Some of the photo-realistic films are stunning and perhaps an indication of where game graphics are heading in the near future.

C6T. 

Hmm, rather strangely, there was a review embargo on Days Gone until half an hour ago. 

The two I've read seem to agree it has its plus points but lacks in areas that would've made it a must own title, including what many thought to be its jaw dropper usp. Shame.

I think I'll pop into the shop tomorrow and see if Metro Exodus has come down in price before deciding on Days Gone.

C6T. 

Edited by Classsix T

38 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Hmm, rather strangely, there was a review embargo on Days Gone until half an hour ago. 

The two I've read seem to agree it has its plus points but lacks in areas that would've made it a must own title, including what many thought to be its jaw dropper usp. Shame.

Mmm. I'd pre-ordered it but tried to cancel last night. Unfortunately Amazon had just shipped it.

Reviews are a bit 'meh'....

6 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Mmm. I'd pre-ordered it but tried to cancel last night. Unfortunately Amazon had just shipped it.

Reviews are a bit 'meh'....

Indeed. Have you the option to get your hard-earned back if it doesn't garner satisfaction?

C6T. 

25 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Indeed. Have you the option to get your hard-earned back if it doesn't garner satisfaction?

If I send it back without opening it. Or by refusing delivery.

£52 is a lot for a game that isn't very, very good.

Give Ellie a motorbike and promise hundreds of Clickers on-screen in Last of U Know What and Sony might have saved themselves a whole loada grief!

I'm seeing slightly higher review scores online now, around 7/10 or 70% but reading the text, no, nothing you'd gladly pay 50+ quid for without adequate bug fix patching at least.

C6T. 

57 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Give Ellie a motorbike and promise hundreds of Clickers on-screen in Last of U Know What and Sony might have saved themselves a whole loada grief!

From what I've seen of the Last Of Wotsits so far Ellie is significantly more bad ass than Deacon with or without a bike.

Proves the writing quality of Last of Us doesn't it? The fact Ellie likes silly jokes but has gone through so much she'll protect Joel whatever. Brilliant game.

Sadly lacking in Days Gone, apparently. An opportunity missed IMHO.

C6T. 

After reading the reviews of both days gone and MK 11 I’ve decided to pass on both. Sad because both have been on my radar ever since they was announced. But instead I decided to treat myself to

donkey Kong tropical freeze which in my

opinion has that right balance of nostalgia and challenge to make a very good game. 

Big James 

• RMweb Premium

I've been playing Outcast: Second Contact on XBox. I never finished the original (hardly got started, in fact) due to the involved nature of following the story elements that are being told, and getting too many interruptions in my gaming life from normal reality.

It's basically the same game as it was in 1999, with a little bit of clean up to get it to work better on modern CPUs and at the modern higher resolutions. There's a glitch or two, but nothing serious (so far). It's apparent that it's older code in the physics engine, but it aquits itself pretty well, considering. However, it is very wordy and not high on action, so not a game if you've got twitchy fingers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dom showed me GTA-V on the Xbox last night, now the last time I played one of the series was on PS2 (vice city) and I’ve got to admit I was blown away by just how big and involved the game is now, we took a blimp out and flew over the map and it’s immense, only managed to see less than an eighth of it I recon

Dom’s character owns a nightclub and a side mission is to promote it, he ended up hiring in 2 DJs to play the club and when googling them they are real life DJs, when they play the club you can go to the dance floor and strut your stuff to their tunes, I ended up watching and listening to them for about 10 minutes!

downloaded a free pinball game to the Xbox (FX pinball) and paid for a few DLC tables for it (marvel and family guy/American dad) cracking little game 

• Like 1

Metro Exodus is proving to be an enjoyable first person tear-up. Stealthy or Rambo like combat options with engaging storyline. Impressive graphics. 

I never really took to Bioshock, but this one I'm liking as much as I did MoH Frontline. 

C6T. 

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, big jim said:

downloaded a free pinball game to the Xbox (FX pinball) and paid for a few DLC tables for it (marvel and family guy/American dad) cracking little game

Thats looks good - I love pinball, used to own a real table and spent a lot of time in Blackpool playing the tables (when they were popular).

Might give that a go on the PC

thanks

• RMweb Gold

i do like a good pinball game, got that one and the one on the switch, ideally id like a real table in the man cave (indiana jones is still a great one) but price and space put pay to that idea so the console versions are good enough 

snooker and pool game next