The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

RMWeb Gamer's Lounge.

Classsix T

post-8937-0-31772700-1546944630_thumb.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has had a tinker with the RDR2 Social Club yet, specifically to share pictures without having to resort to Corbs' method of taking a picture of your telly!?

I took the above with Arthur but now I've unlocked the entire play area and wouldn't mind doing a spot of photographic ferroequinology. I'm rather taken with the idea of setting up camp for perhaps days (eating the local flora and fauna) waiting for the ideal combination of weather and light conditions for the masterpiece train phot, just like real life, haha!

I uploaded it to the Social Club and then downloaded it to my phone.

The PS4 screen capture isn't much cop as you've got to physically transfer the file to a USB stick to then transfer it to another device.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Just got Jurassic World Evolution for Christmas. Tbh it’s one of the best movie tie in games I’ve ever played. The amount of dinosaurs you can have is amazing and the amount of micro management makes it interesting. From making sure your making money from your various guest buildings and eight amount of staff for the area they are in. To making sure that your dinosaurs are healthy with research on disease control and making sure the feeders are topped up. You can also modify the dinosaurs DNA to change their colours and other various factors to make the herbivores more resistant to carnivore attack’s etc.

Big James

Tip for anyone after the Legendary fish in RDR2...

The Steelhead Trout wasn't showing up on the map crossed out (caught and posted) for me. It was only after fiddling with the d-pad buttons (on PS4) previously that I found out "left" will bring up a list of Stranger Mission and task progression.

It was indeed checked off in that and capture of the remaining fish did progress the mission. It didn't fall off the back of your horse.

(just in case you forget you'd previously caught the bu99er, then spend a day up there trying different bait but are still catching 14lb Muskie) C6T.

• RMweb Gold

I've completed story and epilogue now and have had to give myself a break for a few days because I thought my eyes would start bleeding if I stared at the screen any longer. I thought it was epic, really good experience and emotional too. Sadly my mare 'Athena' got killed when I was trying to help Romeo and Juliet escape and was replaced by an idiot of horse, 'Wyld Stallyn', who liked to crash into trees. Was still quite sad having to say goodbye to him though.

I did end up thinking that St. Denis station and yard/docks area would make an awesome model, set in 1899 as the junction of the L&MR and the S&ER! You could have coal traffic from Annesburg, oil from the Heartlands, cattle heading down from Valentine, tobacco from Rhodes. Occasional visits from Mr. Cornwall's private armoured coach, as well as Army trains heading up to Fort Wallace.

I managed to commandeer one of the coal trains from Annesburg. There's a REALLY long loading sequence where the loco draws the train forward under the screens one wagon at a time, the whole thing takes probably 15 minutes, if you stand and watch it. Then it sets off towards St. Denis (clockwise too, unlike most of the trains), you can hitch a ride on the wagons, it'll stop in the South Docks area and you can push the driver out with NO wanted level penalty and off you go.

post-898-0-85918400-1547665323_thumb.jpg

You can also drive a passenger train clockwise if you interrupt the O'Driscolls doing a hold-up on one.

post-898-0-00562400-1547665441_thumb.jpg

Here's the best way to use train driving as a screensaver, weigh down the X button.

post-898-0-81421000-1547665367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 2

I've a favour to ask of the RDR2 players. Which I have to ask carefully to avoid spoilers..!

When you unlock the full map, you may or may not decide to undertake a specific Bounty Mission south-west of Armadillo. The guy is worth the the same dead or alive, but...DO NOT SHOOT HIM UP THE ASS whilst he scrambles into the mine! Like I did.

A cave-in means I can't access the mine, I've tried dynamite, so I reckon the only way to access it is to let the rascal get into the mine proper and the game suggests a method to apprehend him.

I'd just like to know how that pans out. C6T.

I've completed story and epilogue now and have had to give myself a break for a few days because I thought my eyes would start bleeding if I stared at the screen any longer. I thought it was epic, really good experience and emotional too. Sadly my mare 'Athena' got killed when I was trying to help Romeo and Juliet escape and was replaced by an idiot of horse, 'Wyld Stallyn', who liked to crash into trees. Was still quite sad having to say goodbye to him though.

I did end up thinking that St. Denis station and yard/docks area would make an awesome model, set in 1899 as the junction of the L&MR and the S&ER! You could have coal traffic from Annesburg, oil from the Heartlands, cattle heading down from Valentine, tobacco from Rhodes. Occasional visits from Mr. Cornwall's private armoured coach, as well as Army trains heading up to Fort Wallace.

I managed to commandeer one of the coal trains from Annesburg. There's a REALLY long loading sequence where the loco draws the train forward under the screens one wagon at a time, the whole thing takes probably 15 minutes, if you stand and watch it. Then it sets off towards St. Denis (clockwise too, unlike most of the trains), you can hitch a ride on the wagons, it'll stop in the South Docks area and you can push the driver out with NO wanted level penalty and off you go.

IMG_0712.JPG

You can also drive a passenger train clockwise if you interrupt the O'Driscolls doing a hold-up on one.

IMG_0681.JPG

Here's the best way to use train driving as a screensaver, weigh down the X button.

IMG_0702.JPG

Do you let the game play out then Corbs? I'll admit, if I "die" I'll harrumph and Load the previous save. Then try not to get killed as easily. Cheating, I dunno.

C6T.

• RMweb Gold

Usually if I wasn't happy with something I'd load my previous save, but I'd come so far on autosave alone that I couldn't be bothered to go back and do it again.

"Everybody gotta die sometime, Red"

(10 points to you if you accurately guess that reference)

You've got me there then dude!

I'd reciprocate with where does "tell me of your homeworld Ousil" come from but we'd be willy waving quotations all night!

C6T.

Ended up looking Corbs' quote up, not surprised I'd never get it, only seen it a couple of times. Apocalypse Now on the other hand...

Edited by Classsix T

You've got me there then dude!

I'd reciprocate with where does "tell me of your homeworld Ousil" come from but we'd be willy waving quotations all night!

Dune and you spelled Usul wrong :P

Speaking of which, I've this in my "Meh, one day, perhaps." Amazon rainy day list:

Frank Herbert's: Dune (PS2) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005N99I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_xemqCb5KYHYK9

It's probably absolute sh***e but David Lynch's film of Herbert's book is my favourite movie of all time. Honest. With Sting in it and everything!

I had a top-down turn based strategic Dune game on the Amiga, no idea if this is a ported version of it...

C6T.

Would you pay best part of £17 for something that may well be a bag of w**k though Corbs? My nostalgic fervour has limits!

If indeed we're talking about the same game.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

• RMweb Gold

More fun on Wild West Train Sim Redemption II

I'd read about the wrecked train at the bottom of a gorge and set out to find it. 2 locos and a bunch of destroyed boxcars, reminded me of the wreckage of 'Texas' from Buster Keaton's The General, and the still-extant remains of the saddle tank that featured in 'Ring of Fire' (surely due a remake considering current wildfires in the US?!)

post-898-0-15093900-1547772335_thumb.jpg

post-898-0-58113800-1547772357_thumb.jpg

post-898-0-76463900-1547772395_thumb.jpg

Also managed to spawn lots of handcars in St. Denis and made a little train (well technically I rammed them into each other).

post-898-0-83180600-1547772440_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

More fun on Wild West Train Sim Redemption II

I'd read about the wrecked train at the bottom of a gorge and set out to find it. 2 locos and a bunch of destroyed boxcars, reminded me of the wreckage of 'Texas' from Buster Keaton's The General, and the still-extant remains of the saddle tank that featured in 'Ring of Fire' (surely due a remake considering current wildfires in the US?!)

I found this site looking for summat else. You did go inside the open boxcar dint yer? Some choice pickings in there...

C6T.

(BTW, I wish SOMEONE, fence, trapper or general store owner would buy fags off me. I've got the legend 'manbag' and 99 of both sodding types of ciggy!)

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 1

Has anyone managed to have their playable character in Red Dead Redemption 2 able to take a (sustained) swim yet?

Admittedly, we're long past the laughable farce that was GTA Vice City, set in Florida - an area of abundant water - but entry to such meant instant death.

But I have died a dozen times in RDR2 by entering water (either by accident or design) only for the stamina core to disappear and subsequently thrashing around before drowning.

I did have a decent paddle about St. Denis docks once with Arthur (getting onto boats looking for a maritime compass) so I have to assume swimming ability is linked to bodyweight and its relationship with stamina, or he had gold cores...or summat.

Which takes us back to the inability in this game to ascertain the 'fitness' of our character and/or horse without frequent pause>player> checking of bodyweight/condition.

I'm sure if Rockstar thought about it a bit more they could've had an in gameplay indicator of this without detriment.

A canoe spawned eventually and I got the treasure, so, meh. C6T.