What's going on with Hull Trains?

This was because Hulltrains was or is a sister company of Anglia trains. Well it was when it was part of the First Group and HT was originally First Hulltrains, as the Pioneers carried the First logo's like GBRF did when it was part of the First Group.

When the Class 92's were built one was sent to Velim? and underwent testing in a special purpose freezer that subject said loco to extreme temperatures far less than we would normally expect in the UK, but I would guess is the norm in the coldest parts of Europe.

So, since then why did engineers not build a similar large freezer in the UK to test loco's, DMU's, EMU's and all mater of UK Rolling Stock at the prototype stage, or after the first vehicle rolls off the production line? I would have thought one would have been build at RTC Derby or at the Old Dalby Test Track.

Do they all break down every time it snows though?  The snow last week was very fine and combined with strong winds ended up all sorts of unexpected places.  I had snow inside both my cars, in my loft and blowing through the gap in the seal on my UPVC front door.  There wasn't a flake on top of the cars the next morning but I struggled to move them because underneath them was jam packed (and there was a 12' snowdrift on the only road out of the village).

Ice on conductor rails happens most winters (and is presumably why there are still a few 73's dotted about) but I can't remember snow like this in my lifetime so it doesn't surprise me that a lot of things stopped working.

This was because Hulltrains was or is a sister company of Anglia trains. Well it was when it was part of the First Group and HT was originally First Hulltrains, as the Pioneers carried the First logo's like GBRF did when it was part of the First Group.

Hull Trains was the idea of two ex BR managers who were involved with Renaissance Trains, together with GB Railways started Hull Trains. GBRailways sold there share holding to First group in 2003. By 2014 First Group had acquired the remaining share.

When the Class 92's were built one was sent to Velim? and underwent testing in a special purpose freezer that subject said loco to extreme temperatures far less than we would normally expect in the UK, but I would guess is the norm in the coldest parts of Europe.

So, since then why did engineers not build a similar large freezer in the UK to test loco's, DMU's, EMU's and all mater of UK Rolling Stock at the prototype stage, or after the first vehicle rolls off the production line? I would have thought one would have been build at RTC Derby or at the Old Dalby Test Track.

Vienna Arsenal I believe rather than Velim in the Czech Republic which tends to be used for running tests.  

It's all about cost.  If you're building one speculatively then you'll need pretty good assurances that all the competing builders will use it.

• RMweb Premium

Very fine powder snow has always caused problems in all sorts of places.  The Pennsy GG1's were grounded one winter when the snow was so fine that it wen straight through the air filters and shorted the traction motors.  I believe that DB had similar problems one winter.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Very fine powder snow has always caused problems in all sorts of places.  The Pennsy GG1's were grounded one winter when the snow was so fine that it wen straight through the air filters and shorted the traction motors.  I believe that DB had similar problems one winter.

Jamie

There were also problems with Class 373 Eurostar sets (twice) due to powder snow getting into equipment spaces in the power cars.