Cravens DMU Details

Hi all,

I'm currently drawing up the plans to scratchbuild a Class 112 Cravens DMU, however I cannot find many good photos of the original exhaust ports or the underframe detail. I found a few pictures of the original exhaust ports however they don't show them very clearly.

post-32712-0-67606600-1520242644_thumb.jpeg

EDIT: Was the roof vent arrangement the same as the 105?

Edited by DoubleDeckInterurban

I recently (almost) finished drawing up the Class 112, and now I'm wondering whether to make a 113 too. Was the underframe equipment similar or was it made differently due to having a different transmission?

Yes the roof vents and exhaust ports are the same as 105s (except only one exhaust on the 112)

The RCTS photographic archive has some good photos but most are mis-catalogued as 105s

E.g.

http://rcts.zenfolio.com/diesel/br/dmu-1xx/105/eA0F824B8

http://rcts.zenfolio.com/diesel/br/dmu-1xx/105/eA0F82697

A quick 5 minute search and even I can see they have listed classes 101, 112, 120 and 126 as 105s, I am no expert but that is a very poor show from an organisation trying to sell the pictures.

I recently (almost) finished drawing up the Class 112, and now I'm wondering whether to make a 113 too. Was the underframe equipment similar or was it made differently due to having a different transmission?

It wasn't just a different transmission; classes 112 and 113 had single 8 cylinder Rolls Royce engines fitted, instead of two BUT (AEC/Leyland) 6 cylinder engines. With that in mind, I would expect the underframe equipment to be quite different in appearance.

Quick edit - additional: class 112 still had the standard mechanical transmission, but, of course, only one would be fitted. Class 113 had hydraulic transmission.

Edited by SRman

Looking at pics of Class 113's (from RAILCAR.co.uk) and my already made drawing of the Class 112 the undergear looks similar but I can see there are some minor differences, however the non driver's side appears to be less similar to that of the 112.