The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Snow with you?

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Indeed...This is sunny Devon this morning...we just don't get this stuff much on the 'English Riviera'!

attachicon.gif017.jpg

Just make sure it’s all gone by Thursday, please John. Sherry and I are due back about lunchtime then. There’s a good chap.

Up 'ere in East Yorkshire....not a right lot of snow, by our standards..but enough to have the A614 closed yet again, twixt Middleton and Shiptonthorpe...so no Mcdonalds hot chocolate for me today?  :(

Rest of the place is fairly clear now....wind is the problem.

Most snow round these parts fell yesterday, methinks?

Just make sure it’s all gone by Thursday, please John. Sherry and I are due back about lunchtime then. There’s a good chap.

It should be all ( or most of it) gone within a day, there's a weather warning for rain tonight on the south coast of Devon, and Cornwall. 

Edited by bike2steam

• RMweb Gold

I’ve just driven back from cumbria to crewe, snow in silloth, nothing in Wigtown, flurries in carlisle, drifting over the motorway hard shoulder between Penrith and shap, then nothing beyond there really

• RMweb Gold

Brings back thoughts of the episode of The Simpsons featuring Homer as Mr. Plow.

For Homer’s TV ad promoting Mr. Plow;

Eastleigh is in the "Soft South" - we're not supposed to get snow at all, let alone two doses....

post-9071-0-59027900-1521412344.jpg

The scene this morning, seen from the Bishopstoke road bridge. 

Chaz

Edited by chaz
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Our Friday ration had more or less cleared off the roads today and they were busy starting to dry out.  then from 17.00 onwards we had another ration of the stuff, just over an inch or so where it was settling on the last lot but not so bad where it was going onto cleared paths etc - but it's now going to freeze of course.  Pics will look better when enlarged, I hope - taken within theh last 30 minutes or so.

post-6859-0-43821800-1521415764_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-95049000-1521415771_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Our Friday ration had more or less cleared off the roads today and they were busy starting to dry out.  then from 17.00 onwards we had another ration of the stuff, just over an inch or so where it was settling on the last lot but not so bad where it was going onto cleared paths etc - but it's now going to freeze of course.  Pics will look better when enlarged, I hope - taken within theh last 30 minutes or so.

attachicon.gifDSCF0153rd.jpg...

All that photo needs now is a lion, a witch and a wardrobe.

• RMweb Gold

Measured 20 cm here in 'sunny' South Devon. Not going out today. Snow chains will be purchased for future use though most likely won't be needed for a long time hence now!

In the foreground geraniums can be seen which were in full and glorious bloom before the freeze.

post-6728-0-79064900-1521445770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Some people must be as thick as pigsh1t when it comes to snow. A radio report from a police sergeant on Haldon Hill ( a notorious stretch of the A38 in winter conditions) said that they'd encountered drivers on the hill who were out to 'look at the snow' and then becoming part of the problem.

These halfwits defy understanding.

Edited by Re6/6

Some people must be as thick as pigsh1t when it comes to snow. A radio report from a police sergeant on Haldon Hill ( a notorious stretch of the A38 in winter conditions) said that they'd encountered drivers on the hill who were out to 'look at the snow' and then becoming part of the problem.

These halfwits defy understanding.

Well surprise, surprise, the Met O. got it wrong, according to them, along the South West Coast the snow was supposed to turn to rain about 3 - 4am, can't get it right all the time!!??

• RMweb Gold

A bit more snow here in North Dorset than a fortnight ago. But, for some reason, drivers have coped much better and kept the roads clear throughout just by simply using them.

Don't understand people trying to do the more open stretches of the A30 and A38 though. I begin to think that people who recklessly endanger themselves (and others) in this way should be charged for recovery/rescue.

A bit more snow here in North Dorset than a fortnight ago. But, for some reason, drivers have coped much better and kept the roads clear throughout just by simply using them.

The last lot of snow fell on frozen ground following a few days of really low temperatures. This time the ground wasn't so cold, we were walking the dog on Studland beach on Friday in sun-shine with coats off.

• Like 1