DCC fitting to Heljan Met. Bo-Bo electric locomotive

Castle

Hi All,

A friend of mine has asked me to fit the above loco with a DCC chip. We have tried both a gaugemaster 4 function and a Dapol 6 function but all I can get to work is one light at each end (either the cab interior or the top headlight) and the motor functions. The rest of it works flawlessly on DC. Is there a trick in missing or is his loco faulty? I even went as far as to consult instructions which has got me nowhere... The chip is definitely in the right way round too!

Any positive help is gratefully received!

All the best

Castle

I used a TCS 21-pin decoder in mine. The various lights are worked by functions 0 to 2:

F0 - directional end marker lights (3 white lights should show at the leading end)

F1 and F2 - individual cab lights.

When my loco arrived, the cab lighting pcbs were assembled upside down, so the cab lights lit up the top marker light on its own, and the top marker light lit up the cab at the same time as the two lower marker lights. The pcbs just clip out and flip over - an easy fix!

Edited by SRman

That’s what I figured but I’m not getting anything from the lower market lights and only one of each at the upper ends. Do we think his unit is faulty?

Cheers!

All he best,

Castle

Edited by Castle

• 5 years later...