How to order from Shawplan?

• RMweb Premium

Brian is, I believe, a one man band so while it does take some time, patience pays off. He does attend various shows and exhibits round the country as well. It took about 2 months for me to get my Royal Scotsman etched veranda.

Brian is, I believe, a one man band so while it does take some time, patience pays off. He does attend various shows and exhibits round the country as well. It took about 2 months for me to get my Royal Scotsman etched veranda.

Right on the money !!!

Brian does work extremely hard and if you consider that when he attends an exhibition whole days are taken out of his life packing stuff up, loading it into a van, rivingto the venue the previous day, setting up. Then the same in reverse when he packs up and drives home. 

I think a little patience is required.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have recently ordered four items for my O Gauge Class 60's by email.

Message was sent on Tuesday, Brian replied on Thursday and I ordered the same day by PayPal and items received the following day as items were all in stock. If you leave it too long before paying then items could go out of stock.

Email went straight into my Inbox and not my Junk folder and this was first email order as previously purchased from the Shawplan stand at shows... One happy customer.

As the website specifies... Just make sure that if you enquire by email to be precise as to you requirements.

When I placed my order I added the Item code including Loco number where necessary, Reference or Name, Price Code, & Scale.

I have recently ordered four items for my O Gauge Class 60's by email.

Message was sent on Tuesday, Brian replied on Thursday and I ordered the same day by PayPal and items received the following day as items were all in stock. If you leave it too long before paying then items could go out of stock.

Email went straight into my Inbox and not my Junk folder and this was first email order as previously purchased from the Shawplan stand at shows... One happy customer.

As the website specifies... Just make sure that if you enquire by email to be precise as to you requirements.

When I placed my order I added the Item code including Loco number where necessary, Reference or Name, Price Code, & Scale.

I had similar experience, emailed on a Saturday, response on Tuesday, I paid straightaway and goods arrived Thursday. As ever in life I like to make life easy for the person to do what has been asked so put all the of name, code, scale, price, description in my email..

• 3 weeks later...

A big thank you to all the advice on this forum.

I can confirm that a cheque, SAE and and order list resulted in all of the items arriving within a matter of days!

I understand the reasons,but it’s all a bit 1990 isn’t it ? I’m surprised some of these smaller cottage industries don’t get a student in a couple of times a week on £7 / hr to sort this admin stuff out, can’t be cost prohibitive ?

• RMweb Gold

I understand the reasons,but it’s all a bit 1990 isn’t it ? I’m surprised some of these smaller cottage industries don’t get a student in a couple of times a week on £7 / hr to sort this admin stuff out, can’t be cost prohibitive ?

That's the funniest post I've ever read on here.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Some of us quite liked 1990 - patience hadn't been abolished then !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 3

Some of us quite liked 1990 - patience hadn't been abolished then !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

From what I remember of 1990, it was still in short supply!

Edited by RANGERS

Well I need some parts from Shawplan. I have started the difficult process of trying to order. Yesterday several phone calls throughout the day, all unanswered, not even by answering machine.  I have sent a detailed e-mail last night, as outlined in this thread. I will still phone from time to time to see if I can get an answer.

Hopefully I will have made some kind of contact by the weekend, will keep you posted!

• RMweb Premium

Well I need some parts from Shawplan. I have started the difficult process of trying to order. Yesterday several phone calls throughout the day, all unanswered, not even by answering machine.  I have sent a detailed e-mail last night, as outlined in this thread. I will still phone from time to time to see if I can get an answer.

Hopefully I will have made some kind of contact by the weekend, will keep you posted!

Why not just send a letter with a cheque?

Simples!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Why not just send a letter with a cheque?

Simples!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Some of the items I want are new releases that are not on his website. I need to know prices and stock availability before I can place an order. At the moment the only way I can send a cheque is either to guess the amount or send a blank one, neither of which I want to do.

Not so 'Simples!' after all....

Edited by Titan

Are you volunteering ??????

• RMweb Premium

Some of the items I want are new releases that are not on his website. I need to know prices and stock availability before I can place an order. At the moment the only way I can send a cheque is either to guess the amount or send a blank one, neither of which I want to do.

Not so 'Simples!' after all....

Well, until relatively recently in the great scheme of things, one sent a written enquiry with an SAE; received a written quotation; sent an order with cheque payment; and received the goods in due course. I believe that the system still works, archaic though some may now perceive it to be.

Indeed, in your written enquiry you could perhaps suggest a quotation via e-mail, to speed things up slightly.

Relatively simples!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1