D&S Models

Rumblestripe

24 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

With all the matching RTR locos available or in sight, The GE 50’ corridor stock would be useful. It would be good to get a couple built before the RTR ones are announced😉.

I’d second that, if we could have confirmation that DS119-121 are available to order I’d definitely be interested in one of each. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, NXEA! said:

I’d second that, if we could have confirmation that DS119-121 are available to order I’d definitely be interested in one of each. 

Perhaps you need to ask the man himself.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Perhaps you need to ask the man himself.

Or perhaps if someone has a good relationship with Danny or has his phone number (I’ve only ever seen a postal address) and is going to speak to him anyway it saves inundating him with the same questions? Not sure why you felt the need to post that. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, NXEA! said:

Not sure why you felt the need to post that. 

I find that I often see people on here faffing about with questions that would be most easily answered by screwing up the courage to contact the supplier direct and need a bit of encouragement so to do. My apologies if you are not one such.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

24 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I find that I often see people on here faffing about with questions that would be most easily answered by screwing up the courage to contact the supplier direct and need a bit of encouragement so to do. My apologies if you are not one such.

No issues here, apologies likewise for any misunderstanding on my part. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Dan very much prefers postal enquiries and most especially those furnished with an SAE,

I can understand that - saves people phoning at 11pm at night or during Sunday din dins etc.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, polybear said:

I can understand that - saves people phoning at 11pm at night or during Sunday din dins etc.

As someone in the same position as the proprietor of D&S Models I decided, 25 years ago when starting up, NOT to publish a phone number.

I have never had cause to regret that decision.

John Isherwood.

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/09/2024 at 01:26, Amaziii said:

I had another phone call with Mr. Pinnock yesterday morning, and he was able to produce a list of kits I enquired for.

Available:

103 Cattle Van

171 Third

172 Compo

173 Brk 3rd

187 5 Compo Brk 3rd

231 Tool Van

232 Riding Van

233 Brake Composite 

265 Horse Box

266 6 Wheel Luggage Brake

274 Howlden Bogie Brk

276 Howlden Bogie Luggage Brk

277 Howlden Bogie Milk Van

278 Gresley Saloon Third

279 Lavatory Compo Brk

281 Luggage Milk

292 Luggage Brake

296 Corridor Third

311 LNER 50 Restaurant

524 Siphon

525 Siphon

804 GN Restaurant Car

805 NE Restaurant Car
806 NE Dynamometer Car
GN Articulated coaches:

- Triplet

Cannot Produce:

178 Brakevan Diagram V4

288 Rigid 8-wheel Brake

293 Dining Car

294 Luggage Brake Bow End (narrow panels)

295 Luggage Brake Bow End (wide panels)
297 Open Brake 3rd
298 3rd

299 Compo
ALL North Eastern Bow-Ended Coaches (with the exception of 805)

Keep in mind that this is list only comprises of things that I asked, and that there are many other kits that he likely can do but I haven't enquired. Also, he likely still does all variants of the Articulated Coaches, such as the Doubles and Quads. I just specifically asked for the Triplets.

I still have more kits I asked him to confirm their availability, so I will update this thread in a week or two.

In the meanwhile, I hope this helps anyone who was interested in any of the kits above!

Cheers,
Julien.

Thanks for this, most helpful!

I don't have one of the older lists to hand, so can't fully identify the various products from their numbers, but I'm presuming the carriages from 171 to 233 are all clerestories? I fancy a couple more, so that's good!

I don't suppose you know if the NER Arc roofed carrs are available as well do you?

Also, I'm presuming that order and payment is the tried and tested cheque in the post with a covering note? 

Sorry if if missed this, but is postage mentioned anywhere? 

Thanks once again, now, where did I put that chequebook?!

Cheers

J

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, JaymzHatstand said:

171 to 233

Guys, please go back to page 14 and check the list. It's all there!Screenshot2024-09-07at2_07_58AM.png.e61e2664a4eacae44997ac69d419d857.png
Mousa Models makes some more NER clerestory coaches, but I'm not 100% sure they share the same underframe length as I'm not too well-informed on my coaches. I will check.

NER Arc roofed carrs are available

Yes, Dan Pinnock does the NER elliptical coaches too. That's also on the list in the NER section. 

I'm presuming that order and payment is the tried and tested cheque in the post with a covering note

Because I live in the United States and cannot send cheques through the mail, nor do many American banks use cheques at all anymore, I do my payment through online direct bank transfer. I use an app called Xoom, where I simply enter his information to wire the invoice. You can use cheques if that's your preferred method. I don't know specifically what'd you have to write on it. You should ask him personally for that one.

is postage mentioned anywhere

Screenshot2024-09-07at2_15_25AM.png.356f658b3d89f702dd53845a094325bf.pngIs it this?

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, JaymzHatstand said:

Thanks for this, most helpful!

I don't have one of the older lists to hand, so can't fully identify the various products from their numbers, but I'm presuming the carriages from 171 to 233 are all clerestories? I fancy a couple more, so that's good!

I don't suppose you know if the NER Arc roofed carrs are available as well do you?

Also, I'm presuming that order and payment is the tried and tested cheque in the post with a covering note? 

Sorry if if missed this, but is postage mentioned anywhere? 

Thanks once again, now, where did I put that chequebook?!

Cheers

J

I paid by bank transfer a couple of weeks ago.

Tony

• Like 2