The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

TV presenters you either love or hate

allan downes

• RMweb Premium

Adverts rewriting classic music for their own ends are one of my really big bugbears.

It fills me with dread to think that the young of today will grow up thinking the late great Freddie Mercury wrote 'Another one drives a Duster...'

There is also a dreadful low calories biscuit thing advertised with a badly adapted version with a Bonnie Tyler song as well.

• 4 weeks later...

If I've got the picture right, I'm afraid she is not one of Scotland's' finest exports....

Whatever happened to the educational element of the BBC?

Harumph, Harumph! Letter to the times, methinks!

Colonel Custard-Golightly

Anita's lovely and i think she should have her own show. :)

• 1 month later...

BBC Breakfast this morning had a feature about a possible new law regarding dangerous cycling, which included an interview with the man whose wife, a pedestrian, was sadly killed by a cyclist in London last year. Sally Nugent, who until now I considered one of the better presenters, asked the man if his wife was a keen cyclist, obviously being totally unaware of the circumstances of the accident; How could a presenter be so utterly ignorant of a case which was national news, and so poorly briefed about her role, not to mention totally insensitive ?

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone noticed that big Steff McGovern has disappeared from BBC Breakfast since her public spat over pay, deliberately sidelined or working on other projects?

Probably just on holiday.

Cevans has to be the worst grotesquely ignoramus on BBC radio. He needs to go. Latest nonsense he was boasting recently that his house was television free----- no telee! yet this morning was rabbitiing about the new Autumn schedules and the previews he had watched this very morning before going to "work".

These arrogant people do not know the meaning of the word.

Perhaps he has his TV in a "man cave" in the garden shed.

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone noticed that big Steff McGovern has disappeared from BBC Breakfast since her public spat over pay, deliberately sidelined or working on other projects?

She was on lunchtime news today (item about vocational qualifications as opposed to GCSE/A level etc)

• RMweb Premium

Another vote for Chris Evans  - he really is the most irritating individual, but in the morning, I do like some music, and Radio 2 is about the only station that I can stand.

ive got no idea who he was and seen him before we did the filming for the model railway challenge but straight away i didnt like the taller of the 2 presenters called Tim

Obviously not "into" classic cars, then... He's been hosting Car SOS for several years now, alongside their expert, Fuzz Townshend, Fuzz's fine but Tim's antics grate after a while... Seems every show has to have one these days, Mike Brewer is another...

Edited by Hobby

• RMweb Gold

Tim Shaw isn't that bad, he does drive a Saab even if it is the hairdresser-approved 9-3 convertible.  Fuzz can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned having rescued one of only two remaining Walsall Corporation short Daimler Fleetlines left.

Edited by wombatofludham