The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

TV presenters you either love or hate

allan downes

This morning had my day totally ruined by Wannacott's inane, despicable reappearance on Bargain Hunt.

Just re-runs I think!

Re the woman, she was actually OK in an episode of that Richard Wilson prog where she went back to her early days, though I agree about her presenting BH....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This morning had my day totally ruined by Wannacott's inane, despicable reappearance on Bargain Hunt.

PLEASE. PLEASE, don't tell me he's back again !!

And if ever I see this woman again, I'll jump off the Humber Bridge without the need for a push !!

Allan.

p00tvc2x.jpg

Would it not be better for mankind if you pushed her off the Humber Bridge rather than throwing yourself off?

• RMweb Premium

PLEASE. PLEASE, don't tell me he's back again !!

And if ever I see this woman again, I'll jump off the Humber Bridge without the need for a push !!

Allan.

p00tvc2x.jpg

Who is she?

She reminds me of one Radio 4 presenter that I really cannot bear, Woman’s Hour presenter, the former Mrs. Adrian Chiles, Jane Garvey.

She is the most achingly irritating, PC presenter anywhere in the known universe. Sometimes she can barely speak while her mind stumbles around to phrase her words in the most right-on, non offensive, all inclusive, metropolitan manner.

She has a sneering anti-male attitude, though I’ve equally heard her be rather snotty with women who don’t fit her view of the ‘wimminhood’.

As an example, there was a debate some while back about young women who had chosen not to have children. One was relating how she had expressed her intentions on social media and had received an avalanche of offensive abuse. In leaps Garvey, “from men no doubt”. The young woman paused in surprise before responding, “Er, no, almost exclusively other women”.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sneering at the peons seems to be a characteristic of those who inhabit the upper reaches of the right-on-o-sphere, it's one of those odd truisms that those who profess to be concerned about humanity rarely seem to have much sympathy for human beings.

• Like 1

Anita Manning, Scottish Grandmother, 70 plus years old trying to act like a teenager, dresses like a clown, thoroughly, thoroughly in your face annoying, want's embalming.

"The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Mrs Anita Manning holds a current appointment equals £1.3m, a combined total current assets value of £1.3m with a total current liabilities of £316k and a total current net worth of £2.2m. Roles associated with Mrs Anita Manning within the recorded businesses include: Director." (Company Check)

Not short of a bob or two either, she owns Great Western Auction House in Glasgow.

Jim

That reminds me of a relative of my wife’s. Very much the modern ‘liberal’, she has always worked in social services, largely with children, and is seemingly full of compassion and angst for the problems of others, yet was a ‘cold’, near absent, mother to her own children. We always found it a very odd combination. The compassion seems all in the head rather than the heart.

• RMweb Gold

Anyway, I'll leave you with this and the very reason I started this Thread.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

The bloke in the background?  :jester:

As for Anita Manning, she'd be ok if she didn't wear those granny hats that mould her hair into the sticking up look at the ends.  The dire jokes. Or the way (when a Bargain Hunt "expert") she always manages to get some Scottish Jewellery into the mix.

There's a couple of more recent BH "experts" that make me cringe when they're on, but the least said about them the better....

"The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Mrs Anita Manning holds a current appointment equals £1.3m, a combined total current assets value of £1.3m with a total current liabilities of £316k and a total current net worth of £2.2m. Roles associated with Mrs Anita Manning within the recorded businesses include: Director." (Company Check)

Not short of a bob or two either, she owns Great Western Auction House in Glasgow.

Jim

All that's no reason why she shouldn't be shot at dawn - or earlier if anyone will get up in time.

• RMweb Gold

All that's no reason why she shouldn't be shot at dawn - or earlier if anyone will get up in time.

You should have mentioned it a couple of months ago, dawn was at a reasonable time back then!

(Not that I'm advocating anything as drastic as that....)

• RMweb Premium

That reminds me of a relative of my wife’s. Very much the modern ‘liberal’, she has always worked in social services, largely with children, and is seemingly full of compassion and angst for the problems of others, yet was a ‘cold’, near absent, mother to her own children. We always found it a very odd combination. The compassion seems all in the head rather than the heart.

Sadly that seems to be quite common. I've noticed similar attitudes in many people working for green NGOs, I'm a bit of a tree hugger myself but I find some of the people I deal with in green NGOs really couldn't give a toss about human beings (to be blunt). I observed the body language and reactions of some people from green NGOs at a meeting where the Sanchi incident was discussed recently and it was quite clear they were completely disinterested in the fact that all 32 crew members of the Sanchi died and viewed that aspect as of little importance.

I think some people are drawn to worthy causes for commendable reasons, I suspect others believe they're drawn for commendable reasons but are more motivated by finding some purpose and self-fulfilment and because it sets them apart from the riff raff.

they were completely disinterested in the fact that all 32 crew members of the Sanchi died and viewed that aspect as of little importance.

Someone should point out to them that people like Stalin and Hitler thought the same way... As far as I am concerned they've crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed if they really do think that little of human life...

• RMweb Premium

Someone should point out to them that people like Stalin and Hitler thought the same way... As far as I am concerned they've crossed a line that shouldn't be crossed if they really do think that little of human life...

A very well observed point and I don't disagree with it. I suspect Hitler, Stalin, Mao etc genuinely thought they were improving mankind by killing vast numbers of people. This isn't just about the Sanchi, I've noticed a similar attitude following other incidents (actually the one redeeming feature of that movie on Deepwater Horizon other than spectacular visual effects was it reminded the world of the human tragedy), it's why despite being a tree hugger myself I keep my distance from some of the green NGOs and would rather not get involved with them.

• Like 2