Bachmann announcements 2018 - full list

Andy Y

So just to double check:

• No Class 150 GWRs?
  • The Cross Country 170 is a 3-car version as opposed to a 2car version which is on the website currently?
  • There's also a Southern Class 170 2 car?
  • No GWR Class 166, but there will be a GWR 2-car Class 158?
  • Finally, a Class 170 3-car Scotrail Saltire?

Thanks

GWR green 150232 is in the catalogue, catalogue ref 32-940. I think this was announced last year.

Arriva Cross-Country 170 is 3-car 170104, catalogue ref 35-625.

Southern 2-car 171722, catalogue ref 35-580.

Correct, no GWR 166. GWR green 158766 2-car, catalogue ref 31-519.

ScotRail Saltire 3-car 170453, catalogue ref 35-626.

• RMweb Gold

"No image available" seems to be the general theme, which is a bit disappointing from a PR perspective.

We're used to waiting for Bachmann models, but now we even have to wait for the pictures!

The LBSCR Atlantic looks lovely, though.

I was hoping for a 74xx, and as they're doing another run of Standard 5s, I'm surprised they still haven't done a lined black late emblem one with a BR1 tender, like the picture of Linette in my Observers Book of Locomotives. But hey, can't have everything!

"No image available" seems to be the general theme, which is a bit disappointing from a PR perspective.

We're used to waiting for Bachmann models, but now we even have to wait for the pictures!

The LBSCR Atlantic looks lovely, though.

I was hoping for a 74xx, and as they're doing another run of Standard 5s, I'm surprised they still haven't done a lined black late emblem one with a BR1 tender, like the picture of Linette in my Observers Book of Locomotives. But hey, can't have everything!

They have said that they are releasing them on their new website tomorrow.

As well as the rest of the range. This is just a preview for the trade.

I think everyone is missing the key phrase from the first post 

Other significant Branchline (OO Scale) introductions

Which means we are probably going to get a few more models such as reliveries.

Jason

I wonder what those 'Parrot' wagons are? The ones I know of were built during WW2 to transport aircraft components, and subsequently found use as cable-drum carriers. I can't think how you would load them with a tank; at least not if you wanted to get it out again.

From the press release handed out today, they are a model of the 250 wagons constructed in 1917 to the standard LNWR 40 ton 'Parrot' bogie trolley design for the War Department, for use at home and on French railways during WW1. Some wagons were again requisitioned by the military in WW2.

It's basically a chunky bogie flat wagon. The WD livery one will have a sheeted over tank load. The catalogue images look similar to the warflat but wagons are not my area.

What is more, the model is already in production, yes really, that is what they said today.

Maybe its a model of, "limited livery variation and geographical coverage..."

I seem to recall that the two types only have one (maybe two?) carriages in common, and the driving motors aren't amongst them. So they'd probably need to sink the best part of half a million quid into producing the new tooling for the 8 car and have to sell at least 750 units at over a grand a pop to justify it all. Plus their existing product is already servicing that market, and one would cannibalise the others sales - the last thing you want to be doing is have one production run competing against the other.

Given the new tooling for the V2 it’s a pretty good bet that Locomotion will release a version of Green Arrow in their collectionz

I doubt it ,is the demand actually there ?. Bachmann have done Green Arrow versions, numerous times in the past. With current prices people will be much fussier as to what they buy. They also need to upgrade the quality of their lining on LNER Green Locos , when compared to Hornby similar Locos e.g B1 which is much finer and overall the Loco is of a higher quality.

For the new V2 to be a good seller, they need to also upgrade to modern standards the GS Tender which is ?? years old, I have only seen the V2 Body being mentioned as upgraded . A new GS Tender is also needed for the proposed J39 upgrade as well, no idea if Bachmann will do a new body for that one as well. They appear to have realised, that a new chassis is not enough on its own, to make new versions of old Locos more saleable.

Interesting they are going to try and sell more examples of the LNER C1, when Locomotion still haven't sold their versions off, how many 3+? years on, and they are only about £10 cheaper than the current Locomotion version price according to Hatton's Bachmann listing for today.

I doubt it ,is the demand actually there ?. Bachmann have done Green Arrow versions, numerous times in the past. With current prices people will be much fussier as to what they buy. They also need to upgrade the quality of their lining on LNER Green Locos , when compared to Hornby similar Locos e.g B1 which is much finer and overall the Loco is of a higher quality.

For the new V2 to be a good seller, they need to also upgrade to modern standards the GS Tender which is ?? years old, I have only seen the V2 Body being mentioned as upgraded . A new GS Tender is also needed for the proposed J39 upgrade as well, no idea if Bachmann will do a new body for that one as well. They appear to have realised, that a new chassis is not enough on its own, to make new versions of old Locos more saleable.

Interesting they are going to try and sell more examples of the LNER C1, when Locomotion still haven't sold their versions off, how many 3+? years on, and they are only about £10 cheaper than the current Locomotion version price according to Hatton's Bachmann listing for today.

It depends on if they do a limited edition in the high gloss that the collectors seem to like. The new NRM Duchess Of Hamilton seems to have sold well and there must be thousands of them out there.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

I was struggling to find anything, as was interested too. Found it on Hattons

Whiskies galore: Green Class 20 with 3 bulk grain wagons. DCC sound.

Station pilot: LNWR Coal tank with three mk1s.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337559/Bachmann_Branchline_30_180_The_Station_Pilot_train_set_with_LNWR_Coal_Tank_and_three_Mk1_coaches/StockDetail.aspx

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337558/Bachmann_Branchline_30_047_Whiskies_Galore_train_set_with_Class_20_in_BR_green_and_three_bulk_grain_wagons/StockDetail.aspx

The 'Station Pilot' one isn't what I expected- when I saw the title, my first thought was the J72 in the pseudo-NER livery used on station pilots at Newcastle (and/or York?) in the late 50's...

The ROD is a nice surprise, as is the 'Parrot' wagon.

It depends on if they do a limited edition in the high gloss that the collectors seem to like. The new NRM Duchess Of Hamilton seems to have sold well and there must be thousands of them out there.

Jason

Agreed, however  the Duchess is a totally new model, that is what Bachmann need to do instead of a halfway effort . As to Gloss ,er no, on anything!!

• RMweb Gold

The 'Station Pilot' one isn't what I expected- when I saw the title, my first thought was the J72 in the pseudo-NER livery used on station pilots at Newcastle (and/or York?) in the late 50's...

The ROD is a nice surprise, as is the 'Parrot' wagon.

There was an equally delightful little tank in GER blue at Liverpool St in the same era.