The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

That was published months ago.

I'm normally a bit behind, Ian, :O  now it appears I'm MONTHS behind, :no:  :no:  :no: hahha

Edited by Andrew P

Maybe it's because I'm a scoundrel, but I really like the Red Bull livery, as do the majority of those polled on Sky Sports apparently ;-)

Should Red Bull keep their launch livery all season?

81%    Yes
19%    No
(56,712 Votes)
Edited for clarity

Edited by George Leacon

Maybe it's because I'm a scoundrel, but I really like the Red Bull livery, as do the majority of those polled on Sky Sports apparently ;-)

Should Red Bull keep their launch livery all season?

81%    Yes
19%    No
(56,712 Votes)
Edited for clarity

That is interesting, wow.

It's deadly combination of V6, which usually has a boring exhaust note, and a Turbo, which muffles even that, and relatively low rev ranges (they normally run about 12,000rpm, the V10s and V8s ran at about 18,000rpm).

It's a massive shame F1 can't follow the example of LaFerrari, which has a V12 (approx. 700hp) - electric hybrid (approx. 200hp) combo, is very modern, and sounds amazing.

That's where it gets subjective though. Personally I'm yet to hear a Ferrari road car engine note that was preferable to cats fighting.

If they could make F1 sound like the V8s in an American muscle car, or a modern AMG Merc, then we'd be taking.

• Like 1