The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

Yawn...

Got to agree with this bloke:

"Thankfully i don't have long left on this planet as the pleasure of being alive is rapidly self destructing through PC nonsense normally peddled by this politically driven 'impartial' corporations website."

Says it all...

• RMweb Gold

I suspect there's still plenty of work for models. 

You're all heart. "Don't worry about the fact you've lost your job you know, the one that you enjoyed doing, the one you took up because you're a car enthusiast. The local drive-thru at McDonalds is hiring. "

Did anyone ask the girls what they thought about their jobs?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You're all heart. "Don't worry about the fact you've lost your job you know, the one that you enjoyed doing, the one you took up because you're a car enthusiast. The local drive-thru at McDonalds is hiring. "

Did anyone ask the girls what they thought about their jobs?

Hang on. These ladies are recruited locally to each race. They are not part of the F1 Global Circus. It ought to be mentioned that in some countries they wear smart and utterly respectable uniforms, probably based upon local national costume. Others are there in a purely T&B capacity, short skirts, skimpy bikinis etc. Every Western society has promo girls, able & willing to brass it out and add glamour to your spectacle. No-one is making them redundant. But class is not the first word that comes to mind in describing them, and class is what sponsors seek in F1 - elitism, not raunch. 

Yawn...

Got to agree with this bloke:

"Thankfully i don't have long left on this planet as the pleasure of being alive is rapidly self destructing through PC nonsense normally peddled by this politically driven 'impartial' corporations website."

Says it all...

Plenty of other websites available for what I presume he seeks. And Kleenex.

Did anyone ask the girls what they thought about their jobs?

The nature of that job is that each individual will get about a day a year from F1. In an industry of very short term contracts. F1 umbrella holding is not going to make a measurable difference to the modelling industry.

The nature of that job is that each individual will get about a day a year from F1. In an industry of very short term contracts. F1 umbrella holding is not going to make a measurable difference to the modelling industry.

Several days at least. Training, practise and race days. One Grid Girl was interviewed on BBC News and explained/claimed that the role was much bigger than just parading on the grid. VIP* hosting , meet and greeting events with drivers, etc. Whether that applies to all Grid Girl roles at all GPs wasn't discussed.

*VIPs on the grid and in the pits, now that's something that should be done away with.

• RMweb Gold

*VIPs on the grid and in the pits, now that's something that should be done away with.

Not just on the grid. Never a race goes by but during the brief race we are treated to views of rock stars, footballers and other irrelevant tossers guesting in someone’s pit. Keep the cameras on the race, please.

• Like 1

Hammy's already shown himself to be a very shrewd operator, it'll be interesting to see what he decides to do this year... And how long the contract he signs (if it's with Mercedes) will be for...

Yes, He's his own Manager so HE DECIDES.

• RMweb Premium

WOW.............This should make him quicker than Seb.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/22252501/kimi-raikkonen-reveals-new-helmet-design

:no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Sorry - I have no interest in looking at Kimi's helmet...........................

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Sorry - I have no interest in looking at Kimi's helmet...........................

Cheers,

Mick

A few years back, when it was Martin Brundle and James Allen commentating on the Beeb, JA said that a particular driver had the biggest helmet in F1. Martin Brundle wisely said "I'm not even going to go there!"