The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

• RMweb Premium

Perez to McLaren and more rear lights for 2019 and a Mercedes flexing rear wing?????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45319314

Perez and Sainz might be a pretty good line-up for car development. The actual performance of McLaren is hard to judge with having one of the best drivers and one of the most underperforming drivers on the grid. With Sergio and Carlos, it will be easier to see where the car is actually at. 

• Like 1

Perez and Sainz might be a pretty good line-up for car development. The actual performance of McLaren is hard to judge with having one of the best drivers and one of the most underperforming drivers on the grid. With Sergio and Carlos, it will be easier to see where the car is actually at. 

But AlFonso was never more than 3 or 4 places ahead of the Van Man, when if the Car was good, and with Alonso talent, and Van Man was bad, the gap should have been 6 or 7 places difference I would have thought.

Edited by Andrew P

Don't forget like alonso , perez has history at Mclaren and it wasn't hearts and flowers.

Yes, I'd forgotten about that, I thought he deserved to be treated better, as he did quite well I thought.

• Like 1

McLaren might not be Perez's first choice, but it will probably actually come down to what seats are available for him.

Since he last drove there there's been a lot of change. Ron Dennis leaving being the one that sets the tone.

He might get a Hass or Sauber seat, that would be far better for him depending on other movements, maybe replacing Grosgion or Erricson.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Reading about the light in the rear wing, I was hoping we'd see a return to non - flashing rain lights. Seems not. Having them flashing must make them difficult to judge distance to, compared to a steady light, and also to me, causes a distraction on the tv. Will the engine derate light stay as is, change to a different colour, or be incorporated in the new tail lights I wonder? I reckon it should change to Blue or orange, staying on the current location, personally.

Who remembers the days of a steady rain light and flashing meant pit lane speed limiter?!

Jo

• Like 2

But AlFonso was never more than 3 or 4 places ahead of the Van Man, when if the Car was good, and with Alonso talent, and Van Man was bad, the gap should have been 6 or 7 places difference I would have thought.

Probably need to look at the times, rather than the number of positions. I could be a second slower than you, but still be next right behind you on the grid if nobody posted a time between the two of us.

Edited by dvdlcs

Oh dear. How unfortunate. (Snigger snigger, laff laff, fall about.)

Haha, excellent!

He probably didn't have the 'tricky stuff' Lewis was complaining about enabled.

Wife just said; he needs to do that on Sunday, hahahha :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

Thanks for finding that Ian. :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P