The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

• RMweb Premium

He admits it's entirely his own fault. But it will make some nice viewing tomorrow as Max slices through the field ;)

It depends on your definition of "slice".......

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He admits it's entirely his own fault. But it will make some nice viewing tomorrow as Max slices through the field ;)

Most certainly! I'm particularly looking forward to when Max catches up with Roman Grosjean!

• Like 1

Ham did well to split the red cars. Unexpected.

What happened to Vandoorne after doing so well in the practice runs?

And the Torro Rosso's of Hartley and Gasley, they were very quick this morning in FP3!

It’ll certainly be interesting, I’m sure he’ll make up some positions, but £5 says he crashes into someone.

If he WRECKS another Car over the weekend, Marko and Horner will have faces like THUNDER by tonight. 

If he WRECKS another Car over the weekend, Marko and Horner will have faces like THUNDER by tonight. 

Having said that, I hope he doesn't crash, as it will make for a great Race if he can get some Points today.

It’ll certainly be interesting, I’m sure he’ll make up some positions, but £5 says he crashes into someone.

Now if it was a FIVER on Grosjean crashing into someone, then I'm sure there would be many takers.

Yep, it was strangely fascinating this time. Unusually, there was suspense, quite a bit of overtaking in the middle and the back anyway, pit stop strategy didn't work for undercuts, only one VSC and no SC, and the right fella won.

Unlike previous years, you couldn't switch off and turn on again at the end, in case you missed something. Maybe someone does read this thread after all?

Well the Race may have been a procession, but I never knew who might win.

Would Danny make it till the end?

Would Seb make a lunge down the inside somewhere?

Would Lewis's tyres last the distance?

Would Valtrie get Kimi?

Would Max go for it at the  end?

Yes, a procession, but an interesting one.

Shame about Leclerc and Hartley at the  end, but that made the final Laps even more exciting.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Monaco is often the race where lesser teams do well due to attrition further up the field. Today however, it was essentially a clean race, so any performances were down to the drivers, not lucky breaks. Good results for Ocon and Gasly demonstrate the talent they have and augurs well for the future of the sport.

• RMweb Premium

It underlines what a farce it is though that the leader can be 160-200bhp down for 75% of the race and not only win but not even face a single overtaking attempt. Pretty sure Ricciaado could win in my Golf if he was on pole!

It underlines what a farce it is though that the leader can be 160-200bhp down for 75% of the race and not only win but not even face a single overtaking attempt. Pretty sure Ricciaado could win in my Golf if he was on pole!

It also showed just how good that RB Chassis is.

Not sure how, they'd have to knock a few buildings down to widen it to allow overtaking, even re-routing it wouldn't do a lot of good, as the roads all around are narrow... 

So here's a question; What options does Danny R have?

Merc will probably retain Valtteri, as Lewis and him get on well, and he is fairly consistent.

Seb won't want him sitting next to him again, as he beat Seb fair and square in the Bulls, PLUS Danny won't want to be labelled as No 2 as Kimi clearly is.

RB will probably have the Honda Engine, and to be fair, that has improved in both reliability and speed.

Your thoughts please :sungum:

• Like 2