The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

8 different manufacturers in the top 10 can't be bad. Bottas must be gutted but I'm rapidly going off Verstappen. It looked like a 2nd blocking move to me when you are only supposed to do one and just seen the replay from inside his car when they touched wheels in the early stages. He was on full lock going round the corner then just let it off a bit to tap Ricciardo. You can't put it down to age or inexperience anymore as he's started a lot of GP's now.

Hamilton looked genuinely embarrassed to win.

Ok, prediction time.

Hamilton to have wrapped up the championship with three races to spare.

Vettel learns than you can’t win the championship in the first half of the season - but you can lose it/throw it away.

Red Bull’s challenge to Ferrari hamstrung by the stewards. themselves

McLaren improve significantly during the first half, but never finish in the top three.

The boy LeClerc leaves team-mate Ericsson behind as he gains experience, gets one freak result (a la Stroll in Baku last year).

Big battle for fourth placed team, ultimately Renault.

Well, you read it all here first - but even I didn't expect it all in one race...

• Like 2

Yes, it was entertaining. I could imagine anyone leaving for a pee towards the end upon returning would’ve thought that a “time-slip” had occurred.

Glad that Fred got some decent points. I can’t help feeling that he has missed his golden years because of commercial decisions gone awry. Still one of the best on the track even now.

Verstappen should be censured for too many jinking moves - specially after his outrageous sidewipe of Ricciardo early in the race. With friends like that Ricciardo must be wondering just how soon he can move on from Red Bull.

Best, Pete.

...Glad that Fred got some decent points. I can’t help feeling that he has missed his golden years because of commercial decisions gone awry. Still one of the best on the track even now.

Verstappen should be censured for too many jinking moves - specially after his outrageous sidewipe of Ricciardo early in the race. With friends like that Ricciardo must be wondering just how soon he can move on from Red Bull...

He can, but it's a frying pan to fire job, as the seat that's on offer is Ferrari. Good car, but there's another team 'mate' to deal with.

...Glad that Fred got some decent points. I can’t help feeling that he has missed his golden years because of commercial decisions gone awry. Still one of the best on the track even now...

His record is permanently underpinned by how quickly he saw off Schumi. Much like Hammy, arrived in F1 and his class was very quickly evident.

We could base a game on greatest F1 talent couldn't we?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

After Baku whats the chance of the viewing figures going up for the next few races?

I think audiences are based upon two factors - live Free-To-Air feed and circuit. Hungary, among others, is generally a procession. Barcelona maybe less so. And Monaco has a certain something, although overtaking is tough. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

After Baku whats the chance of the viewing figures going up for the next few races?

I completely forgot that Baku was on last weekend due to the lack of coverage/pre-race hype on C4. It was only because I caught a Radio 2 news item on the way to work Sunday that SV was on pole that reminded me.

I did my usual radio blackout routine until I got back from work on Sunday to find that either I'd missed the highlights or that they weren't on C4 at all.

Then I went looking for the C4F1 website and found the 7 minute race.

Maybe they could all be like that.......

Cheers,

Mick

I completely forgot that Baku was on last weekend due to the lack of coverage/pre-race hype on C4. It was only because I caught a Radio 2 news item on the way to work Sunday that SV was on pole that reminded me.

I did my usual radio blackout routine until I got back from work on Sunday to find that either I'd missed the highlights or that they weren't on C4 at all.

Then I went looking for the C4F1 website and found the 7 minute race.

Maybe they could all be like that.......

Cheers,

Mick

I’ve got reminders set

Channel 4 now mail me to tell me when the coverage is on

• Like 1