The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2018

Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold

Won't be much point watching if it's just Lewis trundling around to the title again anyhow.

That won't stop me. As I've said before, a rich-man's sport being dominated by a tiny (I've stood next to him in the Brands paddock!) British black kid from humble beginnings suits me just fine. 

• Like 6

... I find it funny that if something is on in the SE, especially Kent, it is seen as "easily accessible"... It's anything but to the rest of us who live north of the M25! London-centric bias, eh!

It has to be accepted that London is the centre of the universe. It wasn't planned, it just happened, and 50% of the UK population lives within 60 miles of Nelson's column. If you want its advantages, come along. If not don't complain.

In this one respect of location, Silverstone is ideal for national access. I suspect it would be within a ten mile radius of the modal national journey length for the UK population, by a quick examination of just how much national distributution is performed from Milton Keynes. Carve an interesting track or three into the landscape, integrate properly into the motorway network, with a Le Mans style toll road element with no speed limit, so it funds itself. 'While you drive between London and Brum, why not test if your Boggs Hyper Vandal can actually achieve its claimed maximum speed?'

• Like 3

It has to be accepted that London is the centre of the universe. It wasn't planned, it just happened, and 50% of the UK population lives within 60 miles of Nelson's column. If you want its advantages, come along. If not don't complain.

Says it all, really, and people wonder why there's a north/south divide! I can't think of any reason I'd swap my beautiful countryside for the overcrowded mess that is London, but everyone to their own! ;) :)

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 3

Says it all, really, and people wonder why there's a north/south divide!...

Any 'divide' is in your mind. There is no barrier, in fact there's a positive invitation to come to London, which people from all over the world take advantage of. But if that ls not what you want, then that's fine, be content with your choice.

I don't want to live outside the South East, because it is 'all here', and the world is on my doorstep. That includes the rest of the UK which I visit regularly. Pleasant enough in its way, most of it, but not where I would choose to live.

• Like 1

Thanks, that way you've replied just confirmed that it does exist... London isn't the centre of the Universe, not even of the UK nor even England, just itself!  :P

Going back to the original point being made is that Brands is particularly bad for access for anyone the other side of London, no matter how good or bad London is or isn't that fact doesn't change!

Edited by Hobby

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't care two monkeys' twizzles what they look like - although these days provision for two seats in faired-in bodywork looks more relevant than ever before - all that counts is how fast they go round a lap. Handsome is as handsome does. 

And monkeying with start times looks like more prime home and leisure time wasted. Yawn. 

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 1