Bachmann 2018 range

bendax2018

• RMweb Premium

Going by the countdown timer, noon. The family has been warned that I am likely to be inarticulate for two days.

What's the betting all we'll see is a generic "Our Servers Are Busy" message when we try and log in to the announcements!

post-22167-0-65998600-1515159525_thumb.png

• RMweb Gold

Going by the countdown timer, noon. The family has been warned that I am likely to be inarticulate for two days.

Sunday: Bachmann,

Monday: Hornby,

Tuesday: Pub lunch with mates to celebrate/drown sorrows as appropriate.

Whichever way things go, it'll be a pleasant change for the main subject to be something other than The Ashes.  :jester:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 6

Sunday: Bachmann,

Monday: Hornby,

Tuesday: Pub lunch with mates to celebrate/drown sorrows as appropriate.

Whichever way things go, it'll be a pleasant change for the main subject to be something other than The Ashes.  :jester:

John

Yes, the Nelsons didn’t have self-cleaning smokeboxes, did they?

I'm getting excited to see the forthcoming change in the thread mood from upbeat frothing to that of instant depression and dashing of hopes with all those negative 'nothing for me', 'why didn't they . . .', 'why that', 'what!', 'wrong colour', etc., type of comments posted a nanosecond after the announcements are made public.

Bring them on - the best forum entertainment. :jester: 

G.

• Like 2

“ nothing in it for me “.

Like Grahame above, I was hoping for the 1954 Cuban cigar mines 0-6-0 in TT scale, and in the more numerous che Guevara black......I can’t beleive they are doing it in communist red ! Missed opportunity...

Edited by rob D2

• RMweb Premium

Like Grahame above, I was hoping for the 1954 Cuban cigar mines 0-6-0 in TT scale, and in the more numerous che Guevara black......I can’t beleive they are doing it in communist red ! Missed opportunity...

You have to join the Collectors Club for the black one ;)

• RMweb Gold

Looking through old magazines and brochures for manufacturers like Vulcan and North British, I think it would be fantastic to see some prototypes models of locomotives built for export and left these shores. Indeed visiting museums around the world I have a mass appreciation for the engineering base the UK used to have in transport.

Sadly unless they are commissioned in their own countries theres little to no chance of ever seeing them in HO rtr, though fortunately I do have one or two exported gems in HO.. NS3737, Liliput did a NB an SNCF 2-10-0, I'd love to get my hands on a Eureka Garratt and of course Bachmann gave us the WD in NS/Egypt/Hong Kong guises, and Hornby's 8F, but the likes of 4-8-2 19D's in South Africa or a GMAM is a remote option, forget some UK built locos in far flung locations like Japan, Taiwan, India, China and South America.

• Like 1

I'm getting excited to see the forthcoming change in the thread mood from upbeat frothing to that of instant depression and dashing of hopes with all those negative 'nothing for me', 'why didn't they . . .', 'why that', 'what!', 'wrong colour', etc., type of comments posted a nanosecond after the announcements are made public.

Bring them on - the best forum entertainment. :jester:

G.

I rarely see many posts saying that but do tire of seeing more than a fair share of posts like this ^ that are simply a moan about people that actually haven't posted what they are saying they posted but it makes them look so self righteous.........

Looking through old magazines and brochures for manufacturers like Vulcan and North British, I think it would be fantastic to see some prototypes models of locomotives built for export and left these shores. Indeed visiting museums around the world I have a mass appreciation for the engineering base the UK used to have in transport.

Sadly unless they are commissioned in their own countries theres little to no chance of ever seeing them in HO rtr, though fortunately I do have one or two exported gems in HO.. NS3737, Liliput did a NB an SNCF 2-10-0, I'd love to get my hands on a Eureka Garratt and of course Bachmann gave us the WD in NS/Egypt/Hong Kong guises, and Hornby's 8F, but the likes of 4-8-2 19D's in South Africa or a GMAM is a remote option, forget some UK built locos in far flung locations like Japan, Taiwan, India, China and South America.

There is the S160 and I'd love to see a 4mm version of that. Also the SA Garretts would be a nice addition to the NG range.

But most of all something small and branchlineish from the LNW, MR or LYR please

• Like 2

Looking through old magazines and brochures for manufacturers like Vulcan and North British, I think it would be fantastic to see some prototypes models of locomotives built for export and left these shores...

There does seem to have been some styling commonality between Beyer Peacock and GCR Gorton. I saw a preserved Beyer 0-6-0 in India (don't ask me where, India is such a multi-coloured blur of impressions on the senses it's hard to remember anything accurately!) which looked not unrelated to an LNER J10, and a rather similar Egyptian railways 0-6-0 too, once stripped of the sunshade roof, louvred cab side openings, awnings etc..Could possibly be represented by significantly mangling a Bach J11?

.. the engineering base the UK used to have in transport.

Maybe not in railway any more. But there's no past tense in the UK's large contribution to gas turbine engineering in the transport application.

I rarely see many posts saying that but do tire of seeing more than a fair share of posts like this ^ that are simply a moan about people that actually haven't posted what they are saying they posted but it makes them look so self righteous.........

Humour failure ^ ? But I'll take self righteous.

And I'll get in my upset indignation moan in early as I too have frothed a wish list - "damn, I can't believe they haven't announced a 2EPB, after all it's . . . "

G

• Like 1

Or even hurry along to Hattons, where I have just seen a GF OO 9400 on offer for £16. How bad/good were they as compared to the Lima body?

Let's just say it was dated by the mid 1970s. in the same way as the old Hornby Jinty was.

If it wasn't, then Lima probably wouldn't have made their own version. Which wasn't too bad apart from some slight enlargement to allow the fitting of the motor.

The Lima one still stands up pretty well. Some people have even been putting High Level chassis under them and they look very good.

Jason

• Like 1

I rarely see many posts saying that but do tire of seeing more than a fair share of posts like this ^ that are simply a moan about people that actually haven't posted what they are saying they posted but it makes them look so self righteous.........[/quote

Self righteous....nah we call it taking the p....