• RMweb Premium

It’s no better or no worse than any other year.

When parking arrange the car so the drive wheels are nearest the tarmac and wherever possible so you can drive off the grass in a forward gear preferably in second gear and don’t spin your wheels.

The alternative option is park your car in Stafford and use the courtesy bus.

Hope that helps.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Sadly I'm going to miss the show this year. I'm grounded due to injury. Hope you have a good show Terry.

Just a note to visitors about parking. There's lots of it and it's free but, although the access roads are hard surfaced, the parking itself is just grass. Winter is wet, there's nothing the show can do about that, and the grass areas can get a bit boggy in places. Take Terry's advice, slowly reverse into the spaces (if front wheel drive) and leave the driving wheels near the tarmac.

It's amazing how many folk drive quickly onto the mud, slam the anchors on and then, when leaving, dig themselves in to the mud by spinning their car wheels. Yet they are still surprised when they get stuck and blame the club.

Drive to the conditions and you'll be fine.

This is a new show for me but the line-up is enough to inspire the trip. Will be heading across Sat AM from N.Northants/ Rutland area via Leicester, Derby/ Burton, Uttoxeter if anyone is in need of transport, we can offer a lift.

• RMweb Premium

A few pictures from the build up of the exhibition

For those of you that have not been to Stafford Exhibition before there are three exhibition halls packed with layouts, traders and a large demonstration area.

The Exhibition is totally funded and organised by Stafford Railway Circle without any sponsorship and is probably the larges inderpentant Model Railway Exhibition in the UK

Full details of Traders, Demonstrators and layouts (including photographs of all layouts) can be found on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

post-2180-0-27012500-1517603499_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-89791900-1517603525_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-57102900-1517603549_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-56747900-1517603643_thumb.jpeg

post-2180-0-96088000-1517603662_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

It seems there is a show listing error in the latest Railway Magazine guide to Modelling, listing the entry as £2.50!

Hi Kelly

The information we gave them for publication in the January 2018 was correct as you will see from our advert is on the same page as there exhibition diary was incorrect

Colin Hill contacted them they accepted responsibility that the information on the exhibition diary page was wrongly inputed by a third party.

They then agreed to put a correction in the Feb 2018 apologising for the error.

I have not seen the February issue but I understand it is still incorrect and the layouts appearing is incorrect.

We will be having words with them after the exhibition.

Information in all the other Model Railway press is correct.

Eltel

Will it snow? Someone has to ask....

It's February. The weather in Staffordshire in February is always manky, in one way or another. At least, it always was when I lived there, and it has been every time since then that I've visited in February. But there's no better place to be, when the weather outside is grey, cold and wet, than inside a nice warm exhibition hall with lots of great model railways to look at.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

To paraphrase the Bee Gees, how deep is your snow?

Mike.

Looking out at the snow capped mountains!

If there is any snow covering the Showground tomorrow I’ll let you in for free providing you bring both great, great grandparents.

Forecast tomorrow light rain.

Eltel

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening All 

Come rain , snow , or anything else , we will still be going , one of the best shows in area , you cannot beat it .

Hope all goes well for the weekend .

See you tomorrow

Eltel

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning All

Just of to the Exhibition to open up at 08:00 for the layout operators, traders, Demonstrators and club members in readiness to open to the public at 10:00

Hope to see many of you at the Exhibition and please drive safely.

Full details of exhibition on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

As at 7:00 I am not aware of any changes to what’s on the website

Terry

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Though scheduled to appear at the Show as a demonstrator/loco doctor over the weekend, may I please apologise for my absence? 

As related on Wright Writes, my wife has not been well this week and it would be unwise, and certainly not right, to leave her. 

I hope the show is the great success it deserves to be. 

Regards,

Tony Wright

• RMweb Gold

Superb show as usual, lots of modern image layouts to keep me happy, spoke to a few fellow rmwebbers throughout the morning too

Picked up a Dapol 73 from modellers Mecca for £75 which is going to take a trip into the paint stripper tomorrow and become 73138 or if not too much work one of the yellow ultra 73s

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another excellent show, enjoyable layouts and some good bargains as well. Credit to the car parking attendants trying their best to spot free places on the tarmac sections in the sleet and drizzly conditions. Look forward to revisiting during 2019. Hope tomorrow is another successful day for the show!