• RMweb Premium

Thought I’d share with you pictures of the preserved buses on duty at the Stafford Exhibition 3rd / 4th February

Full exhibition details with list of layouts attending (including photographs) Traders & Demonstrators

www.stafffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

post-2180-0-16472500-1516388728.jpeg

post-2180-0-02556100-1516388740.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Clubroom buzzing tonight final briefing of club members with tasks for Friday (set up day)

Very important job for Thursday purchasing Tea, Coffee, Milk and Biscuits for the weekend to keep the Exhibitiors, Traders, and Members happy with endless hot drinks.

Also trips to Warley Club and the Chilterns Association northern store to collect all the barriers etc.

Full Exhibition details available at www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

Looking forward to the weekend.

Eltel

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Trying so decide which day to go, I finish in derby at 06:00 Saturday morning so do I grab a brekkie and call in on the way home getting a few hours kip in the van at the show ground before the show starts or do I come over especially on Sunday (the downside is I’d have to use my own vehicle and fuel)

Decisions decisions, looking forward to it either way

• RMweb Premium

Trying so decide which day to go, I finish in derby at 06:00 Saturday morning so do I grab a brekkie and call in on the way home getting a few hours kip in the van at the show ground before the show starts or do I come over especially on Sunday (the downside is I’d have to use my own vehicle and fuel)

Decisions decisions, looking forward to it either way

I’d plum for Saturday alltough busy you can have a kip in the van then breakfast in the Barn Cafe in tine fir 10:00 suggest straight to the secondhand tables in the far hall.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Still not well enough to travel since my Heart Attack 3 weeks ago, so the first time I'll have missed it in quite a few years.

HAVE A GOOD ONE BOYS.

Sorry to hear about your recent poor health.

You look after yourself and see you soon.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Well I’ll be off after breakfast to collect the hire van.

Today’s jobs being to collect barriers from Warley Club and the Chiltern Association stores and to deliver them to Showground in readiness for the Stafford exhibition this weekend.

I did however get a couple of hours Modelling in yesterday with a session in weathering some of the new stock to be used on my layout Chebstone this weekend.

All for now

Eltel

• Like 2

Should it be necessary to withdraw the service for whatever reason, intending travellers will have to make alternative arrangements to reach the exhibition.

This is a bit of a downer.

What should a stranger to Stafford do if he finds himself outside the railway station (having paid for an expensive rail ticket) and discovers there is no bus?

I have been planning for some months to come on Saturday - but now I'm not so sure.

...R

• RMweb Premium

Hi

It’s a standard clause that any organisation makes and really nothing

to worry about.

Should the very unlikely happen the taxi rank is outside

the railway station and I believe on the Saturday a service

bus would be another option.

Terry

Exhibition Team

Should the very unlikely happen the taxi rank is outside

the railway station and I believe on the Saturday a service

bus would be another option.

Thank you for the quick response.

Do you know how much the taxi-fare would be?

And what is the number of the appropriate bus?

...R

Edited by Robin2

• RMweb Gold

As I don't know the area I don't know what I should Google - sorry.

...R

A quick look in google maps pin pointing the station and show ground gives you various options of getting there, the service busses are showing as a good hour + journey, as opposed to 11 minutes by car, 3.something miles, so a taxi would be best if the free bus didn’t run for whatever reason, walking is showing as 45 mins but I certainly wouldn’t fancy doing that as it’s at the top of a big hill!

• RMweb Premium

All today’s tasks completed (see posting 38)

Tomorrow all the available members (about 35) of the club start the exhibition build at 09:30 at the Showground with marking out, cabling up, signage and endless hot drinks.

Meanwhile a 08:30 start for two of us loading all the items in the clubroom and if all goes well arrive at Showground for 09:30

Layouts and traders start to arrive around lunchtime.

I’ll post a final pre exhibition update tomorrow evening.

For those who have not been to our exhibition we are very easy to find follow the signs for the Showground which is on the Uttoxeter Rd out of Stafford (you will also see signs for Antique Fair which is also on this weekend on the same location.

For those traveling by train we offer a complimentary preserved bus service on both days.

Full bus timetables and information of layouts and traders attending are available on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

• Like 2