December 2017 Railway Modeller

tractionman

• RMweb Gold

Maybe. But I haven't seen it yet. I was just going on what has been posted. 

The point about them never being funny stands though.

Now this is funny and is still true today fifty years later.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/691/23884342206_2668a644ed.jpg

Jason

The "best" of 4 cartoons illustrating a "lighthearted" article (a Christmas Fantasy) about model railways on page 332 of the December 1965 RM.

December 1970 brought another cheerful cartoon with one character being positioned under a signal and being told by another to wait for the arm to drop to get "the biggest Christmas surprise in your life"...

• RMweb Gold

My copy of the current Bachmann catalogue contains a price list.

The price list is separate; the prices are not printed in the catalogue. I bought my Bachmann catalogue from Bachmann at Ally Pally earlier this year, and it did not come with a price list.

It's always interesting to see how how online subscribers cope with the 'lack of' issued items. I have a annual renewal, so I do see the added items, but then again I question why do I need the online piece as once my subscription runs out so does my access..

• RMweb Premium

Is there any way for us online subscribers to get the free Metcalfe kit?  Address to contact or something? I don't mind paying a contribution to the postage.

EDIT - Dropped a friendly email to Peco (address is available on their website) and within minutes had a very nice reply saying they would pop one in the post to me in the morning.

Edited by John M Upton

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's a handy free kit but what I do find irritating is it's description as OO/HO. Either it's 4mm to the foot or it's 3.5mm to the foot. It can't be both.

Interesting mag though.

steve

The days of Airfix kits are still with us!