Scot Rail HST

Anglian

Whilst waiting at the Foxton A10 crossing this afternoon a yellow Scot Rail HST came through heading towards Cambridge. This is the first time I've seen one of these in this area and simply presumed it was heading northwards but wondered why it was travelling via Cambridge rather than remaining on the ECML.

Can anybody tell me a bit more – I'm curious.

• RMweb Premium

Whilst waiting at the Foxton A10 crossing this afternoon a yellow Scot Rail HST came through heading towards Cambridge. This is the first time I've seen one of these in this area and simply presumed it was heading northwards but wondered why it was travelling via Cambridge rather than remaining on the ECML.

Can anybody tell me a bit more – I'm curious.

Yellow ScotRail HST? what are you talking about?

The yellow HST belongs to Network Rail and as such can appear all over the network undertaking infrastructure measurement activities. In this case however it might simply be a case of it undertaking a 'route refresher' to ensure drivers route knowledge is retained as going via Cambridge is a valid alteration in case of disruption on the ECML via Huntingdon. There are no plans to get rid of it.

The HSTs going to Scotland are the ex GWR ones and are painted in the basic First group blue livery.

Edited by phil-b259