The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

and the sun turned black....

Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Well not black really, just quoting Aphrodite's Child lyrics.

We have a dark yellow sky and a bright pink sun in Bath and surrounding areas caused by Saharan sand being dragged up into storm Ophelia, these pictures from friends in the areawl.

post-1328-0-62000100-1508154788_thumb.jpg

post-1328-0-53349900-1508154807_thumb.jpg

post-1328-0-08538600-1508154820_thumb.jpg

post-1328-0-30785600-1508155707.jpg

don't worry I shall sacrifice same innocent creatures and everything will be lovely again, if not more killings until normality returns ;)

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 8

Guest Midland Mole

Looking at the sky here, I'm very close to stockpiling food and fuel and heading off to the bunker (and yes, I do know where there is one vacant!) :D

Alex

Caused by the sun refracting through sarahan dust dragged up by ophelia

I just found my car is covered in the same Saharan dust - I only cleaned it two days ago!!!!

The sun and sky appear as above in the Midlands.

• RMweb Premium

It is just after quarter past one in the afternoon and STILL dark.   Car headlight on full.  House lights on.   'Spooky'!

Crazy, I massively overslept as I still thought it was 8 o'clock (day off today) and did the 'I'll get up in a minute' thing... for another 2 hours, as its been so dark.

The sun kind of looks normal but the colour reflected on the living room floor is bright red like a sunset.

Very weird, don't panic though... my neighbours have some chickens for sacrifice.

Blue sky here now, but it was pretty dark earlier. I didn't notice the sun though. I thought the gods Tim is sacrificing animals to must have had a rather strong curry last night, as there are some strong gusts of wind coming from somewhere!

• RMweb Premium

Sky is bluer here now but the sun turned blood red (and caused alarm among some people hereabouts) as the sand cloud blew through.  Not unheard of but very unusual.

Guest Midland Mole

We got the colour and strange light here, but weirdly not seeing dust on anything.....I blame aliens! :crazy:

Alex

Edited by Midland Mole

Just unloaded in wirksworth in Derbyshire . Very strange light and sun as pictured in previous post from someone ........

They were in the middle of sacrificing someone from Nottingham when I arrived ! Apparently he had followed the strange light across Brian Clough Way and been captured ..........

I just found my car is covered in the same Saharan dust - I only cleaned it two days ago!!!!

The sun and sky appear as above in the Midlands.

Same here in a now sunny though very windy Wigan. Strange this morning, red sky, just a little dust laden rain, no wind, Again washed cars on Saturday. I'll leave them for a few days now

Looks rough though in the Irish sea 40 odd foot waves off Cork  :O  :O  :O

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=53.56;-4.37;6&l=wave

Brit15 (More like Brit 22 "Tornado"  !!)

It is not difficult to imagine the fear these occasions would have for Neolithic people who had no idea what was happening. 

I suppose some of the dust came from the Sahara, but more than likely a goodly percentage has been whipped up from Iberia due to the near desert-like conditions in parts of central Spain; and sporadic forest fires in Southern Portugal. 

It is not difficult to imagine the fear these occasions would have for Neolithic people who had no idea what was happening. 

I suppose some of the dust came from the Sahara, but more than likely a goodly percentage has been whipped up from Iberia due to the near desert-like conditions in parts of central Spain; and sporadic forest fires in Southern Portugal. 

No need to go back quiet that far, two generations in my case. If my grandmother had been alive to witness the colour of this mornings sky she would probably have foretold some cataclysmic misfortune of biblical proportion,  

Take a thunderstorm for instance, every mirror in the house had to be covered " just in case a thunderbolt came down a chimney" We never found out what would be the result of the aforementioned thunder bolt seeing its own reflection. Just one of many precautions that had to be taken to guard against the calamity that would surely befall the household if ignored.

Guy