SECR P Class 0-6-0T in OO Gauge from Hattons

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Having worked on the KESR P class a couple of times, there's almost no room for the crew in the cab.

Perhaps someone can arrange for ModelU to print up a pair of very portly loco crew, with hands that grip and can clip over the outside cab handrails!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps someone can arrange for ModelU to print up a pair of very portly loco crew, with hands that grip and can clip over the outside cab handrails!

Who'd volunteer to be portrayed for eternity as a "gentleman of ample proportions"?

• RMweb Gold

I suspect that anyone these days would pass for a 'very portly loco crew' when compared to the men who crewed them pre-WW2 let alone in pre-WW1 days!

Adipose is alas very common in 2018.

all the best

Godfrey

Edited by Godfrey Glyn

Customs checks will be minimal, unless they do a random search on the container.  Toys have zero import duties so no need to do a thorough check of the manifest.

Zero duties perhaps, but VAT to pay I understand.

Les

• RMweb Gold

Or, going by the pic, 6 places......

Rather like the dwarf Glod - relentlessly duplicated! :jester:

Question is should I show my boss.. technically 6x me is 6x salary, but then it might be he then expects 6x work and If those mini-me’s are anything like the prototype nothing will get done ;-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Zero duties perhaps, but VAT to pay I understand.

Les

Indeed but I would be amazed if Hornby did not have automatic declaration and payment systems in place.  The systems are set up to allow regular importers to have a touchless process and no delays.

Question is should I show my boss.. technically 6x me is 6x salary, but then it might be he then expects 6x work and If those mini-me’s are anything like the prototype nothing will get done ;-)

Maybe x 6, but you're only 1/76th the size in three dimensions ............. I reckon that justifies about 0.00137% of your current salary : your boss should be happy with that !

• RMweb Gold

Maybe x 6, but you're only 1/76th the size in three dimensions ............. I reckon that justifies about 0.00137% of your current salary : your boss should be happy with that !

In that case I should return those mini-me’s...

They are OO height but O gauge width.

• RMweb Gold

In that case I should return those mini-me’s...

They are OO height but O gauge width.

Cruel.....

More accurately, they might be P4 width but don't quote me on that!

Oh wait.....

Edited by Hroth

• RMweb Gold

I am waiting to paint myself.

I must say in OO I look to have captured my better angles...attachicon.gif45BC788C-BC5B-4D60-A36A-E3B96D178CCB.jpeg

Bit of a scary expression!

I'm not sure I'd want to meet even one of them on a dark night, let alone all five of them!

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Bit of a scary expression!

I'm not sure I'd want to meet even one of them on a dark night, let alone all five of them!

I’m a Stanierista, that’s why i’m Red. I’m building an army to counter the MiM threat.

I’ll call my self Mr Anderson (The Matrix), I am actually in that film for real as a background extra in the night club (white rabbit scene) filmed in summer 1998 but my waist line was 30” and I had long hair back then.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m a Stanierista, that’s why i’m Red. I’m building an army to counter the MiM threat.

I’ll call my self Mr Anderson (The Matrix), I am actually in that film for real as a background extra in the night club (white rabbit scene) filmed in summer 1988 but my waist line was 30” back then.

I'm still keeping away from quiet alleyways after dark!

• RMweb Gold

I am actually in that film for real as a background extra in the night club (white rabbit scene) filmed in summer 1998 but my waist line was 30” and I had long hair back then.

Well, that's what your thought you were doing.

What has all of this foregoing drivel got to do with the P class loco? It's a shame that so many threads on this site degenerate into complete nonsense.

On topic discussion is often very helpful and informative. We owe a lot to the experts on here who share their considerable knowledge and experiences.

I find the “drivel” hugely entertaining.

• Like 1