Andrew Barclay 14" & 16" 0-4-0ST in OO Gauge

Hattons Dave

Not just that, the update sounds like the container has made the journey on its own!

Whats happened to the ship?

:jester:

Presumably the Hornby U-boat intercepted it and the container is now bobbing along behind the salvage tug.

• RMweb Gold

I have to applaud the dedication of Hattons staff in getting these vital components of so many people's hopes and dreams to these shores even faster, but on the other hand, I'd be slightly concerned if the boxes at the bottom of the pallets were to get a little damp. Hopefully that container has a dehumidifier in it.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium
If that is the container it’s been sent the wrong way from China. It looks like the Wellington NZ police launch retrieving a container blown off the wharf....

Roger

Edited by 21C123

If that is the container it’s been sent the wrong way from China. It looks like the Wellington NZ police launch retrieving a container blown off the wharf....

Roger

The lovely city of Wellington is a very windy place.  I discovered the reason that locals don't carry umbrellas the hard way.

The lovely city of Wellington is a very windy place.  I discovered the reason that locals don't carry umbrellas the hard way.

It is a beautiful place. The Kiwis also have a great sense of humour; the Wellingtonians (?) have a Hollywood-style sign on the side of a hill in the bay, but the last few letters are upswept as if being blown away by the wind. 

• RMweb Gold

Only if you're triskasomething or other.

Or merely superstitious. :superstition:

A triskaidekaphobe is afraid of the number 13. The fear of Friday the 13th, called paraskevidekatriaphobia (from Παρασκευή Paraskevi, Greek for Friday) or friggatriskaidekaphobia (after Frigg, the Norse goddess after whom Friday is named in English).

I'm not superstitious.

• RMweb Gold

Of course, the next thing will be the race to actually get a production model in our sticky little fingers.

Posts here with pic to verify.....

Perhaps we should have sub-categories for each variant?

• RMweb Gold

Yep. The customary twenty pages of photos and videos of identical models, then the twenty pages of DCC installation.....

. ;)

Notice winkie face smilie

Jason

Oh yes, the unboxing videos.....

Or the people who actually ordered one of each.  Hey, has anyone here done that?  :O

• Like 1

Yep. The customary twenty pages of photos and videos of identical models, then the twenty pages of DCC installation.....

. ;)

Notice winkie face smilie

Jason

I really can't recall seeing that kind of nonsense on any thread...  :jester:

Has anybody ever confessed to using one of those videos to show them how to take their latest pride and joy out of the box?

If so would they be interested in a video on buttering toast?

A triskaidekaphobe is afraid of the number 13. The fear of Friday the 13th, called paraskevidekatriaphobia (from Παρασκευή Paraskevi, Greek for Friday) or friggatriskaidekaphobia (after Frigg, the Norse goddess after whom Friday is named in English).

I'm not superstitious.

Friggin' 'eck!

Edit - just realised this coming Friday is the 13th.  I'd better be friggin' careful!

Edited by 5050

Has anybody ever confessed to using one of those videos to show them how to take their latest pride and joy out of the box?

If so would they be interested in a video on buttering toast?

Wrong Hattons thread, I'm afraid but someone might have benefited from a video showing them how not to drop a 'P' class four foot onto the floor ..... apparently the loco survived but I'm not sure about Bill's nerves !

....... and, talking of which, could you extend your buttering-toast video to show how to ensure that it lands butter-side-up when dropped, perhaps ??!? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Or the people who actually ordered one of each.  Hey, has anyone here done that?  :O

Ah, unboxing videos! I once watched one of those and almost fell into a coma it was that exciting. If I could be arsed to, and if my computer would let me watch youtube anyway, I'd be tempted to do one of those Downfall parodies, where Hitler will unbox a Hattons Barclay and go into a rage because there's no daylight under the boiler.