The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

WORLD'S WORST EVER MOVIES !

allan downes

• RMweb Premium

John Barry did a lot of excellent film scores (some of them already mentioned a few posts up) as well as his Bond film work. Some of his best non Bond work is on films that really tanked and were never heard of again or are frequently trotted out as total stinkers such as Raise the Titanic and The Black Hole, both of which did really badly at the box office but yet I have a fondness for!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Most people (that is, the 'average' Joe and Jolene) wouldn't like 'proper' film music. I refer to the incidental music in the background, as against the main themes and notable title or other songs elsewhere.

As something of a bit of a soundtrack afficianado, I find I prefer the incidental to most other music (of any type!) :music:

• RMweb Premium

Many a time in the past have I watched a film that was utter bobbins but yet found the soundtrack to be really good and have subsequently sought out what was often a quite hard to find CD of the music which in some cases probably made more money than the movie it came from!

No WAY is that Sophia Loren, Thats my mum.

Allan has obviously had his eye on her and she's been enjoying his RM articles since 1907 and so she is quite  a groupie.

Hard to believe but SL is I believe, 83, so must be a little motherly looking now. 

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of  the other average men standing out here on the street with me (lookling suspicious - have they no home to go to?), I humbly offer this one!

I just really really wish it had been the theme to Mad Max.

Morricone's music for the man with no name trilogy of spaghetti westerns was brilliant! Everything about those films was so gloriously over the top and the music was just perfect for the films, magnificent!

My bro, founder of the Alamo Western Club, was invited to attend The Magnificent Seven when it premiered over here in London. There he met Yul Brynner and well outdrew him in a fun contest in the foyer. Yul then explained that " I'm real crap with a gun and had the Magnificent Seven been for real, I would have been dead long before I even read the script " !

Allan

• Like 1

My bro, founder of the Alamo Western Club, was invited to attend The Magnificent Seven when it premiered over here in London. There he met Yul Brynner and well outdrew him in a fun contest in the foyer. Yul then explained that " I'm real crap with a gun and had the Magnificent Seven been for real, I would have been dead long before I even read the script " !

Allan

Clearly Yul had yet to overcome his programming and was still in "let the human win" mode ;).

Many a time in the past have I watched a film that was utter bobbins but yet found the soundtrack to be really good and have subsequently sought out what was often a quite hard to find CD of the music which in some cases probably made more money than the movie it came from!

I rather liked the sound track to Suspiria.

Found out it was by an Italian  prog rock band called Goblin. The only CD that I could find that had the Suspiria soundtrack on it was part of a 6 CD set covering several of their film soundtracks, cost about $80 Aus (so about 3.50 in your money)..

, I've discovered after 6 CD's that I only really like the Suspiria title track,

I've just remembered this lemon https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Pepper%27s_Lonely_Hearts_Club_Band_(film)

I saw this at the pictures and it was bad...

steve

Yes that was bad. I seem to remember the Bee Gees doing some Sgt Peppers thing?. I was a punk back then so I didn't take much notice.

ITs a shame Donald Pleasance was in it because I really like him. I think his most memorable role was in Wake In Fright.

Which in itself is the Worlds Worst movie if you are a kangaroo, but also probably the most visceral Australian movie ever made. So it was obviously not directed by an Australian, because  if it had been  there would  have been boobs and surfing in it.

But it is definitely worth a watch.

Edited by monkeysarefun

Donald Pleasance best film ? 

"The Hallelujah Trail " with Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick, Martin Landau and Brian Kieth. Hilarious movie, and if it wasn't for the lack of boobs it could easily have been made in Australia.

Anyway, here's a clip from the Australian remake.

Allan

e74b75c4c96d95e0a3d51554a505edde.10.jpg

Donald Pleasance best film ? 

"The Hallelujah Trail " with Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick, Martin Landau and Brian Kieth. Hilarious movie, and if it wasn't for the lack of boobs it could easily have been made in Australia.

Anyway, here's a clip from the Australian remake.

Allan

e74b75c4c96d95e0a3d51554a505edde.10.jpg

Woah!!!  That post should have come with a warning because it poked me in the eye!

John Barry did a lot of excellent film scores (some of them already mentioned a few posts up) as well as his Bond film work. Some of his best non Bond work is on films that really tanked and were never heard of again or are frequently trotted out as total stinkers such as Raise the Titanic and The Black Hole, both of which did really badly at the box office but yet I have a fondness for!!

Of 'Raise the Titanic', Lew Grade, who was the uncredited producer, commented 'It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic'

I'm looking forward to seeing "How not to electrify a railway" starring Chris Grayling and Mark Carne. Co-starring Paul Maynard and Philip Rutnam, though during filming the latter has been replaced by Bernadette Kelly.

Unfortunately the release date seems to be slipping back and as for the budget..........

• Like 3