Matching Bachmann ON30 D&RGW yellow livery

I have recently purchased some Bachmann ON30 D&RGW coaches that come in a distinctive yellow livery and I would like to match that colour when repainting one of the ubiquitous and plentiful ON30 2-6-0s in the same bumble bee finish. I know Bachmann do a stock version, but these cost a lot whereas a similar Hawthorne Village in a garish livery is pretty cheap and I have one ready to be sacrificed.

Has anyone else undertaken this exercise and know of any suitable paint that will readily match the Bachmann coaches?

Any thoughts or advice gratefully accepted.

My experience of different prototype paint ranges is that they vary quite widely from supplier to supplier. However with the demise of the Floquil/Testors range Badger is about the only supplier. It might be just the right colour but it looks pretty gold on my tablet.

Have just seen a range called Tru-Color on Amazon US with a colour called D&RGW Aspen Gold. Same comment applies.

Having said all that a loco would be grimy so moderate differences in colour probably wouldn't matter too much....

Archived