The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

Australia limits alcohol purchases. 

To 18 bottles of wine per person per day 

Says a lot about the drinking problem if that is considered a limit. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Thank F(*k they didn't go with the nanny-state draconian limits that they have in place at the Bathurst 1000

Alcohol limits for the 2019 Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 campgrounds are listed below and are per person, per day.

1 x carton of full-strength beer (5 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls or less, or

1 x carton of light / mid strength beer (3.5 per cent alcohol or less) - 30 cans x 375mls or less, or

1 x carton of pre-mixed spirits (6 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls, or

1 x carton of cider (5 per cent alcohol or less) - 24 cans x 375mls, or

1 x cask of sealed wine (14.5 per cent alcohol or less) totalling 4 litres or less, or

2 x 375ml plastic bottles of spirits (38 per cent alcohol or less) - must be the original manufacturer's product with seal unopened, or

1 x 750ml bottle of spirits (plastic only)

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Have to keep hydrated!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

3 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

I like the thread name, For those that fear coming to Australia............Now you can't get in anyway.

manna

... or escape get out!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, manna said:

G'Day Folks

I like the thread name, For those that fear coming to Australia............Now you can't get in anyway.

manna

Has it stopped the boat people?  If so one virus has achieved what countless politicians hoped and failed to do.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Or move around much inside it!

I have asked the question among non-modelling friends on other sites as to how this is impacting (specifically the rural and isolated) indigenous communities.  They may choose to or genuinely have no understanding of circumstances and still seek to move freely as they always do.  Their lands do not have state borders drawn across them.  I sincerely hope the enforcing of roadblocks does not result in unnecessary intervention which might serve to inflame feelings even more within some sections of that community.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Great to see Roy and HG back at the ABC where they belong. Probably the worlds only sports show that won't be affected by the lack of any actual sports being played!

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/grandstand/programs/weekend-programs/bludging-on-the-blindside:-episode-1/12068046

Not being into sports, I ddn't know much about them for a long time. Then came the Olympics gymnastics: I tuned in by accident and didn't, at first, realise what was going on with the commentary. Once it twigged, I became a bit of a fan. :D :D :D 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SRman said:

Not being into sports, I ddn't know much about them for a long time. Then came the Olympics gymnastics: I tuned in by accident and didn't, at first, realise what was going on with the commentary. Once it twigged, I became a bit of a fan. :D :D :D 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Has it stopped the boat people?  If so one virus has achieved what countless politicians hoped and failed to do.  

Not in Sydney.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/ruby-princess-passenger-dies-after-coronavirus-diagnosis-20200324-p54ddu.html

Other media outlets are available.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...

Shopped at my local Coles supermarket last Tuesday

Good news the toilet roll shelfs were about half full after being empty for the last few weeks 

John

Edited by John ks
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, John ks said:

Shopped at my local Coles supermarket last Tuesday

Good news the toilet roll shelfs were about half full after being empty for the last few weeks 

John

My local Woolworths had the most of the TP area full. Not all the normal varieties there, but must be close. Even the spare area on top of the shelves, was mostly full. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Note it still tries to take on a car, when it has the whole city to itself!

Try explaining that to your insurance company!

Edited by kevinlms
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Note it still tries to take on a car, when it has the whole city to itself!

Try explaining that to your insurance company!

As a former insurance claims manager I can assure anyone who needs to know that any claim for damage caused by impact with a kangaroo is normally settled without question provided the damage is consistent with the claim.  It doesn't matter how many other parties were or were not on the street.  Kangas can damage cars (often without warning) anywhere anytime.  

Your excess will apply.  Why? The most commonly asked question with all car-versus-animal claims.  Because the insurer cannot recover costs from the animal* whether or not they were at fault - simples.  Or as I used to say if I had the right rapport with the client "Because Skippy didn't leave his name and address".  It was usually good for a laugh and lightened the mood at a stressful moment.  

* If "domestic" animals such as a dog or farm livestock were out but could / should have been restrained (for example cows out because a fence was broken) then costs can sometimes be recovered against the owner if proven liable.  Excess applies at lodgement but can be waived if the recovery is successful.  

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

As a former insurance claims manager I can assure anyone who needs to know that any claim for damage caused by impact with a kangaroo is normally settled without question provided the damage is consistent with the claim.  It doesn't matter how many other parties were or were not on the street.  Kangas can damage cars (often without warning) anywhere anytime.  

Your excess will apply.  Why? The most commonly asked question with all car-versus-animal claims.  Because the insurer cannot recover costs from the animal* whether or not they were at fault - simples.  Or as I used to say if I had the right rapport with the client "Because Skippy didn't leave his name and address".  It was usually good for a laugh and lightened the mood at a stressful moment.  

* If "domestic" animals such as a dog or farm livestock were out but could / should have been restrained (for example cows out because a fence was broken) then costs can sometimes be recovered against the owner if proven liable.  Excess applies at lodgement but can be waived if the recovery is successful.  

My comment was around the possible fact that it almost occurred in a capital CBD.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

My comment was around the possible fact that it almost occurred in a capital CBD.

About 10 years ago a navy diver on exercise just off Circular Quay (Sydney) was attacked by a shark, lost his leg and arm out of it.

I remember thinking at the time - in what other country was there the chance of being attacked by a deadly wild creature within 1 km of the CBD of a capital city?

Pigeons don't count, Londoners.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-19/three-things-i-know-about-being-attacked-by-a-shark/10726564

1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

I remember thinking at the time - in what other country was there the chance of being attacked by a deadly wild creature within 1 km of the CBD of a capital city?

In Darwin you might have to contend with crocodiles!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

About 10 years ago a navy diver on exercise just off Circular Quay (Sydney) was attacked by a shark, lost his leg and arm out of it.

Pigeons don't count, Londoners.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-19/three-things-i-know-about-being-attacked-by-a-shark/10726564

Plenty of sharks in London - mostly with two legs.

• Agree 1