The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

Yes but the most slimy, dangerous and poisonous ones wear big hats or budgie smugglers and work in Canberra.

Mike

Mike, you forgot the cretans that wear hi vis vests and hardhats....Only when they are let out of Canberra to go near big heavy machinery...(we do all hope secretly that the machines will bump them off)   and the idea that they do any work is a little surprising! 

I have a number of mates working on larger projects and they have endless fun making sure the area where the "sod turning" ceremony is to take place is track rolled so hard that only a jack hammer will get into the ground! 

MonkeysRfun.... stop letting that out other wise they will all want to move here!

• Like 2

Now that they have announced bush fire season has started early this year...at least it will make seeing the snakes easier!

In all seriousness we are in for a long hot summer and the drought appears to becoming more serious... no watering the grass this year!

• RMweb Gold

Mike, you forgot the cretans that wear hi vis vests and hardhats....Only when they are let out of Canberra to go near big heavy machinery...(we do all hope secretly that the machines will bump them off)   and the idea that they do any work is a little surprising! 

I have a number of mates working on larger projects and they have endless fun making sure the area where the "sod turning" ceremony is to take place is track rolled so hard that only a jack hammer will get into the ground! 

MonkeysRfun.... stop letting that out other wise they will all want to move here!

Re: The hard hat/hi-vis  issue: we( Ruth and I) find it incredulous that they think they are impressing the general populous, when in our experience most people think it is something akin to poor acting(which it is!). I would rather have Hacker and Humphrey than Trump, May,Putin,Turnbull, Abbot and old uncle Tom Cobbley and all etc. at least we would have a little humour in a pathetic situation. Hard to believe the influence these plonkers have over our lives!!!!

Mike

A local saying hello on my site on Tuesday - a 1.2m long Dugite.  The warm weather must have stirred his loins...

post-8688-0-19904900-1534422982_thumb.jpg

August is very early for them to be active.  It will be a long summer.

Cheers

Scott

• Like 3

A local saying hello on my site on Tuesday - a 1.2m long Dugite. The warm weather must have stirred his loins...

Dugite.jpg

August is very early for them to be active. It will be a long summer.

Cheers

Scott

Nice - I like snakes (my other hobby) - we don’t see many over here. Spiders - that’s a different matter: it’s going to be bad enough over here in the next couple of months when the house spiders come out looking for a mate, I couldn’t imagine what it would be like in Australia with those spiders the size of dinner plates that drop down on you when driving the car, and I would die of constipation due to the ones that seem to live under every toilet seat.....

• RMweb Gold

Nice - I like snakes (my other hobby) - we don’t see many over here. Spiders - that’s a different matter: it’s going to be bad enough over here in the next couple of months when the house spiders come out looking for a mate, I couldn’t imagine what it would be like in Australia with those spiders the size of dinner plates that drop down on you when driving the car, and I would die of constipation due to the ones that seem to live under every toilet seat.....

You would be cured of constipation very quickly when a large Huntsman(big hairy spider) drops from behind the rear view mirror and into your lap!!. Had one on my outside front wind screen many years ago when I set for the City(Melbourne). After travelling for approx half an hour, including some 100kmh. stuff, when I reached my destination it was still clinging to the guttering next to the rear window...........incredible creatures...........I swear he said thanks for the lift mate!! :angel:  

Mike

Edited by ikks

You would be cured of constipation very quickly when a large Huntsman(big hairy spider) drops from behind the rear view mirror and into your lap!!. Had one on my outside front wind screen many years ago when I set for the City(Melbourne). After travelling for approx half an hour, including some 100kmh. stuff, when I reached my destination it was still clinging to the guttering next to the rear window...........incredible creatures...........I swear he said thanks for the lift mate!! :angel:

Mike

I’ve seen pictures of those- the pictures are bad enough, never mind the real thing- Australia is definitely off the list of places to visit!

• RMweb Gold

I’ve seen pictures of those- the pictures are bad enough, never mind the real thing- Australia is definitely off the list of places to visit!

But they don't hurt you(I've had them on my head and neck) it's the shock value. I am sure they enjoy. :jester:

Mike

• Like 1

...and so, as Australia's fifth PM in eight years settles in, the question I'm asking is "Has Australia turned into Italy?"

It's certainly not boring is it! I have been listening about all the shenanigans on the World Service during breakfast over the last few mornings. May you livein interesting times as they say... At least there is no imminent comeback for Tony Abbott on the cards, something to feel positive about!