The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

• RMweb Premium

This was in the article -

The boss of Victoria Police’s own Professional Standards Command has admitted to creating a fake online profile to make "crude, coarse and inappropriate" comments.....

I would submit that there are many on RMWeb that have done the same :D

Cheers Ted

You speak for yourself...

• RMweb Premium

Only in Oz would you protect venomous snakes and possums. If you want more possums New Zealand are busy getting rid of them..if driving stop for a Kiwi, slow for a sheep, speed up for a possum.....

Baz

• Like 1

Well if it wanted to mate with Me, it should have bought Me flowers and a drink first !

Poor form just chasing Me :(

It may not have wanted to mate with you, so much as feed its many hungry little ones!  :jester: 

Incidentally, baby snakes are just as venomous as their parents!

Edited by SRman

It may not have wanted to mate with you, so much as feed its many hungry little ones!  :jester: 

Incidentally, baby snakes are just as venomous as their parents!

The thing with big snakes, is that many have grown up to be big snakes by learning to avoid humans (mostly), baby snakes are yet to learn that and seem to get surprised more easily because they are less wary and of course go on the immediate / defence.

I see many more small snakes around My block than big ones, the big ones are most certainly there but tend to be more cautious and stay hidden, which suits Me. :D

I have also heard that adult snakes do have the ability to strike and bite without injecting venom and many people get bitten without copping a dose of nasty stuff as well. Young snakes don't have that ability or have not learned that. So if you get bitten by a young 'en, You are more likely to be in deep doo doo.

• Like 1

One of the most venomous critters in the World ( which means Australia will have at least a dozen varieties of it ) is the Amazon yellow frog which lives on a diet of small insects alone so, why does it carry a venom potent enough to floor a herd of elephants ?

Here be it.

Beautiful-and-Poisonous-The-most-Dangero

• Like 2

..... the Amazon yellow frog which lives on a diet of small insects alone so, why does it carry a venom potent enough to floor a herd of elephants ?

Here be it.

Now this frog would be of interest to a certain Forum member called "newbryford", if only because of the colour.....

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

One of the most venomous critters in the World ( which means Australia will have at least a dozen varieties of it ) is the Amazon yellow frog which lives on a diet of small insects alone so, why does it carry a venom potent enough to floor a herd of elephants ?

Here be it.

Because it can!

Here be it.

Has anyone actually imported a herd of elephants to the Amazon to try this out?

• RMweb Premium

Your new deputy PM is a Belgian. That's how desperate things are at the top.

EDIT: hang on, is your Belgian a dual national!????

Not true. Mathias Cormann was born in Belgium, but he is NOT the Deputy PM, but Acting Prime Minister.

That would REALLY upset the Nationals, as under terms of their Coalition with the Liberals, the Deputy PM must be a National Party MP.

The leader of the National Party (and by agreement, the Deputy PM) has yet to be determined. Presumably next week will be a bun fight.

• Like 1

Not true. Mathias Cormann was born in Belgium, but he is NOT the Deputy PM, but Acting Prime Minister.

It's better than I thought!!

That would REALLY upset the Nationals, as under terms of their Coalition with the Liberals, the Deputy PM must be a National Party MP.

The leader of the National Party (and by agreement, the Deputy PM) has yet to be determined. Presumably next week will be a bun fight.

*sits back and waits*

• Like 4

Mike your right at the moment Aussie politics is rather strange... Turnbull in the US, Bishop in London, Barny away with the fairies.... Cormann... current post turtle (he doesn't know how he got up there and is trying to figure out how to get back down) so situation normal... none of the polies can do any harm as they are away from the control room... all the Sir Humphrey' are doing a great job and the country is just keeping on keeping on...