The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

Well, you dont have to go the outback any more for a snake or 2.... or even suburbia.... In the Melbourne CBD 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-seal-off-city-corner-after-tiger-snake-spotted-in-spencer-st-20180222-p4z191.html

Yes centre of the CBD.... next to the railway station. So all the Americans who think we ride kangaroos to work.... be cheaper than the car! will think that now with the tiger snake there will be no where safe we can park our Kangaroos! 

Then again I have always thought of up grading my kangaroo to the "superoo from mungalongaloo" md16598406966.jpg

• Like 3

Is  there ANYTHING that's not bad for your health ( Apart from Shiela's of course ) in Oz - like this guy's Shiela perhaps...

attachicon.gifth (31).jpg

She'd be considered quite the catch in Armadale* West Oz (insert dodgy suburb in the state of your choice).

Still got most of her own teeth, Still single and only 11 kids and has size 9 feet so you can borrow her thongs to go to the pub (thongs being flip flops or jandals to you foreigners not those undies made out of shoelaces that the Septics called thongs)

* Before anyone from Armadale get's offended, I grew up there, before it turned to sh!te (but I discovered a map on some parachute silk and escaped) so I get to slag it off as much as I like. ;)

Edited by The Blue Streak

She'd be considered quite the catch in Armadale* West Oz (insert dodgy suburb in the state of your choice).

Still got most of her own teeth, Still single and only 11 kids and has size 9 feet so you can borrow her thongs to go to the pub (thongs being flip flops or jandals to you foreigners not those undies made out of shoelaces that the Septics called thongs)

* Before anyone from Armadale get's offended, I grew up there, before it turned to sh!te (but I discovered a map on some parachute silk and escaped) so I get to slag it off as much as I like. ;)

You can still find some hotties in even the most Armadale like suburbs - for example Shazza. (For Allan - this TV show is kind of like our version of Coronation Street, and in some parts of the country its a documentary)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLZsn_kiIDM

In the vein of dodgy south eastern Perth suburbs I've had a hunt for the very funny parody song We Love it Here in Gosnells (to the tune of Del Amitri's Nothing Ever Happens) but drew a complete blank. I did, however, find this, which isn't quite as good. But then that's Gosnells all over really ;).

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well, you dont have to go the outback any more for a snake or 2.... or even suburbia.... In the Melbourne CBD 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/police-seal-off-city-corner-after-tiger-snake-spotted-in-spencer-st-20180222-p4z191.html

Yes centre of the CBD.... next to the railway station. So all the Americans who think we ride kangaroos to work.... be cheaper than the car! will think that now with the tiger snake there will be no where safe we can park our Kangaroos!

Yes, just along from the project office where I work. I decided not to go out for lunch today...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Didn't realise you were in Melbourne at the moment?

I'm not now! I flew home this afternoon. I'm down every week but the actual days vary a bit - although I'm nearly always there on Wednesdays, which is good as that means I can visit Stuart and operate Mousehaven.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Then again I have always thought of up grading my kangaroo to the "superoo from mungalongaloo" md16598406966.jpg

Where can I get one?

After today's effort, it would certainly be better than driving!

I had to go to South Melbourne, shortly after lunch. There was an incident on CityLink near Cremorne (a suburb of Melbourne, that few know of its existence!), so I had to come off. It took forever.

Then I had to go to Brighton, that was fine.

Coming home, I needed petrol, so took Ferntree Gully Road. What a bad mistake that was, I discovered what the recent Monash Freeway road works were about. They have put in a 2nd exit lane off it to FTG Road, so it is now completely chocked, all the way to EastLink. So I won't go that way again, in evening peak!

EastLink in turn was bumper to bumper, as there had been an accident at Canterbury Road, which allegedly had cleared. Pig's Ar*e, it had! So came off at Boronia Road exit & guess what, that was hopeless too!

Got to Wantirna and gave up and went to Maccas for coffee. I was in no mood to debate on the quality of their coffee!

So yes, a Superoo would do the trick and I could hop home.

This was in the article -

The boss of Victoria Police’s own Professional Standards Command has admitted to creating a fake online profile to make "crude, coarse and inappropriate" comments.....

I would submit that there are many on RMWeb that have done the same :D

Cheers Ted

Just pick 'em up. What's the matter with you? Or maybe not!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-23/what-not-to-do-if-you-find-a-snake-in-your-house/9473632

Personally I would take steps, bloody great long ones!

Apparently (according to the article) Snakes are purely defensive and will not chase you or initiate an attack unless threatened.

I wish someone had told that to the B*stard Dugite that chased Me across the length of  a sizeable workshop when we simply crossed paths a little while back.

Apparently (according to the article) Snakes are purely defensive and will not chase you or initiate an attack unless threatened.

I wish someone had told that to the B*stard Dugite that chased Me across the length of  a sizeable workshop when we simply crossed paths a little while back.

Mostly true, but in the mating season some species get very territorial. I encountered that with the blue-bellied black snakes along the Condamine River in south west Queensland. If you went anywhere near them they would come after you.

Mostly true, but in the mating season some species get very territorial. I encountered that with the blue-bellied black snakes along the Condamine River in south west Queensland. If you went anywhere near them they would come after you.

Well if it wanted to mate with Me, it should have bought Me flowers and a drink first !

Poor form just chasing Me :(