The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

Last night watched a programme about  Africa and all the deadly things therein.

Well, thought I, I'd rather take the kids there for a picnic any day rather than anywhere in Oz  where they don't need Efelumps, cantankerous Rhino's and balistic lions to finish you off when all it takes is any insect with eight legs and even any insect with less to do the same job. 

When it comes to being killed by anything with or without   fangs, without having any particular reason to do so, doesn't have to be ten times your size or a hundred times your weight, then Oz is right up there on top without even trying - but I'd still love to  live there if only to wear a corked hat as normal to weddings and funerals and arrive with a Roo strapped to the bonnet !

Allan.

...Apparently, the home owners in Pin Oak Court are paid to keep the external appearances of their homes and gardens looking the same as always for continuity in the filming. Interior shots are all studio sets, though.

That explains why the street looked like it hadn't changed since the late 1980s.

I'm a bit hard to hide being my size! (6'3") and a decent width!

The assembled party did a creditable job of concealing you, though.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

Last night watched a programme about  Africa and all the deadly things therein.

Well, thought I, I'd rather take the kids there for a picnic any day rather than anywhere in Oz  where they don't need Efelumps, cantankerous Rhino's and balistic lions to finish you off when all it takes is any insect with eight legs and even any insect with less to do the same job. 

When it comes to being killed by anything with or without   fangs, without having any particular reason to do so, doesn't have to be ten times your size or a hundred times your weight, then Oz is right up there on top without even trying - but I'd still love to  live there if only to wear a corked hat as normal to weddings and funerals and arrive with a Roo strapped to the bonnet !

Allan.

Allan,

You can come on down anytime you like Mate. But if you look at SRMan's map just above, the thing you will really have to be wary of, is the same as everywhere else. Those two legged insects in the bottom right hand corner between the Man Eating Wombats and the Sharks. :O.

• Like 1

Ahh Kevin Bloody Wilson (AKA Dennis Bryant). I met him a couple of times many, many years ago. (My Brothers'  girlfriend at the time was good friends with KBW's daughter (Tammy Jo)). He was probably funnier when He wasn't performing as there was no need to stay within any boundaries at all (not that He seemed to have much in the way of boundaries). (I did prefer him to Rodney Rude - whom I though was an unimaginative knob).

Tammy Jo (Kevin B Wilson's daughter) was a serious singer at the time (performing as T J Dennis) and was reasonably successful, (I had a bit of a crush on her to be honest, but didn't have the balls to ask her out) sometime later she went to Nashville, it was only much later on that she became the comedian Jenny Talia and ironically was far more successful in that role, than as a country singer.

I still find it surreal that you Poms know about them.

post-23233-0-09246000-1517016238.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRk0IDWr4Q

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Ahh Kevin Bloody Wilson (AKA Dennis Bryant). I met him a couple of times many, many years ago. (My Brothers'  girlfriend at the time was good friends with KBW's daughter (Tammy Jo)). He was probably funnier when He wasn't performing as there was no need to stay within any boundaries at all (not that He seemed to have much in the way of boundaries). (I did prefer him to Rodney Rude - whom I though was an unimaginative knob).

Tammy Jo (Kevin B Wilson's daughter) was a serious singer at the time (performing as T J Dennis) and was reasonably successful, (I had a bit of a crush on her to be honest, but didn't have the balls to ask her out) sometime later she went to Nashville, it was only much later on that she became the comedian Jenny Talia and ironically was far more successful in that role, than as a country singer.

I still find it surreal that you Poms know about them.

attachicon.gif4da0cb6fb64dcac1c56dd58973315786ac6264bb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBRk0IDWr4Q

Why not? Like Kev's mate Nigel, they're chuffin' legends!

Sadly I was away at sea during their last UK tour, but I saw them during their 2012 visit.

I got to meet Betty and Jen - what lovely people they are. (sadly Kev wasn't up to meeting folk that night - he was feeling a bit crook :( )

Why not? Like Kev's mate Nigel, they're chuffin' legends!

Sadly I was away at sea during their last UK tour, but I saw them during their 2012 visit.

I got to meet Betty and Jen - what lovely people they are. (sadly Kev wasn't up to meeting folk that night - he was feeling a bit crook :( )

I am only recently becoming aware of their popularity in the Mother Country, I thought there might have been a hard core group of expats that follow them, but to find out that mainstream Pom's are fans, well that's quite something. Especially in lieu of our other exports having not fared so well of late ie. Rolf, Jason, Fosters (Yuck) etc.

Watched yet another doc' yesterday on Australia and could not believe that  probably the driest and hottest country in the World  has such diverse weather conditions where the weather in parts can be worse than the Arctic and wetter than the Rain Forrest yet I have family over there that have never seen snow and only the occasional rain !

The usual menagerie  of instant death on legs and death without legs of course took up most of the  programme where without them any documentary on Australia just wouldn't be a documentary on Australia !

How I love that country and the people that make it what it is - even Shane Ward !

Allan 

• Like 1

Shouldn't matter if you've got loads of money. What's the latest requirement for pensioners on the Aus points-based system?

Since I retired it needs to be  on a they pay me to emigrate system although they could have the wife for free.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes

Oh we have not mentioned recently the one thing that you can't avoid is the weather... well here in Melbourne it was 30 on Saturday 39 on Sunday, 35 yesterday and 19 today....been hot now back to semi normal. I think the animals are so tough is because they are dealing with the crazy weather!

• Like 2

Oh we have not mentioned recently the one thing that you can't avoid is the weather... well here in Melbourne it was 30 on Saturday 39 on Sunday, 35 yesterday and 19 today....been hot now back to semi normal. I think the animals are so tough is because they are dealing with the crazy weather!

Doesn't seem to have caused Roger Federer any problems.