The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those that fear coming to Australia!

kevinlms

Don't tell me you guys voted in a non Oz ! Or worse still, a Pom !

You blokes have been too busy with that brexit stuff  - whatever that is -  to take in actual news. But, here is a quick catchup on the current state of our government here.

Our deputy PM looks like this:

post-22541-0-15900000-1508598149.jpg

Here he is again.

post-22541-0-85489600-1508598213.jpg

And again, with an Australian flag behind him.

post-22541-0-58420200-1508598238.jpg

And yet another..

post-22541-0-09145600-1508598261.jpg

And  this is him, having a beer with all his mates.

post-22541-0-83960500-1508598314.jpg

All in all, he looks true blue Aussie as.

But then sudenly  a couple of months ago out of the blue  , THIS picture appeared....

post-22541-0-78549400-1508598370.jpg

Yes, that's a sheep. And that can only mean one thing. He might be  a New Zealander.

Under our constitution part 44 or some number, you cannot be a New Zealander AND be our  deputy PM at the same time  so the High Court is currently sorting it all out using big books.

Hopefully this week   they'll come up with something and either he'll be an Australian and be allowed to drink beer and stand in front of our flag, or -

he'll be a New Zealander and have to put up with jokes about him having sex with sheep.

Edited by monkeysarefun

Somehow, a ‘map of Van Diemens Land’ wouldn’t have had the same ring to it........

A ha! you said 'ring!' Which is another naughty Australian slang word, making  your post especially funny!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1

Don't despair. Although your admission means that you will never get full citizenship, you can probably still get here via a 457 work visa.

Can’t I still do what my ancestors brother did in 1835 - he got free passage on a boat rather than having his neck stretched......

You blokes have been too busy with that brexit stuff  - whatever that is -  to take in actual news. But, here is a quick catchup on the current state of our government here.

attachicon.gifbj1.jpg

Here he is again.

attachicon.gifbj5.jpg

attachicon.gifbj2.jpg

And yet another..

attachicon.gifbj3.jpg

attachicon.gifbj7.jpg

But then sudenly  a couple of months ago out of the blue  , THIS picture appeared....

attachicon.gifbjsheep.jpg

Yes, that's a sheep. And that can only mean one thing. He might be  a New Zealander.

Under our constitution part 44 or some number, you cannot be a New Zealander AND be our  deputy PM at the same time  so the High Court is currently sorting it all out using big books.

Hopefully this week   they'll come up with something and either he'll be an Australian and be allowed to drink beer and stand in front of our flag, or -

he'll be a New Zealander and have to put up with jokes about him having sex with sheep.

Sheep dipping we call it because we don't want to encourage pre school leavers by suggesting that, with a good pair of wellingtons and more than just a little determination, one could actually have sex with a sheep and, if you stood on a mates shoulders, then even with a short cow.

Sheep dipping we call it because we don't want to encourage pre school leavers by suggesting that, with a good pair of wellingtons and more than just a little determination, one could actually have sex with a sheep and, if you stood on a mates shoulders, then even with a short cow.

These are answers to questions that many of us weren't going to ask.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifbj1.jpg

Here he is again.

attachicon.gifbj5.jpg

attachicon.gifbj2.jpg

And yet another..

attachicon.gifbj3.jpg

attachicon.gifbj7.jpg

attachicon.gifbjsheep.jpg

Thats nothing, we have a former Prime Minister famed for doing things with a dead pig. :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Never mind the deputy PM, the High Court is investigating half the parliament as being ring ins !!! :O

Then of course, we will have electricity 'savings' of $115 per annum, by 2020. Still waiting for the last promise of $500 a year, instead its gone up by much more than that.

Don't hold your breath!

A casual thought over breakfast this morning. How well do Sat Navs work in Australia because one false direction and you could end up thousands of miles from where you want to be.

Here in the UK it's not so bad as there's always an alternative route  where at most you could only be 20 miles or so off course - but Lincolnshire also has its infamous 'Hibby Bridge'

This is a six foot wide rickety old bridge that crosses the River Ancholme. To get to it off the main road you have to drive three miles down a very narrow farm track where it's absolutely impossible for even a car to turn round and come back yet  frequently Sat Navs send 40 ft  articulated trucks down it where they all end up at Hibby Bridge with nowhere else  to go other than back up the three miles to the main road and, quite often, in the dark.and a feat that often requires police assistance.Then, of course, the unthinkable -  a convoy of trucks misdirected - and it's happened !

So, can Oz drivers beat that ?

A casual thought over breakfast this morning. How well do Sat Navs work in Australia because one false direction and you could end up thousands of miles from where you want to be.

Here in the UK it's not so bad as there's always an alternative route  where at most you could only be 20 miles or so off course - but Lincolnshire also has its infamous 'Hibby Bridge'

This is a six foot wide rickety old bridge that crosses the River Ancholme. To get to it off the main road you have to drive three miles down a very narrow farm track where it's absolutely impossible for even a car to turn round and come back yet  frequently Sat Navs send 40 ft  articulated trucks down it where they all end up at Hibby Bridge with nowhere else  to go other than back up the three miles to the main road and, quite often, in the dark.and a feat that often requires police assistance.Then, of course, the unthinkable -  a convoy of trucks misdirected - and it's happened !

So, can Oz drivers beat that ?

Not sure about Oz drivers going silly distances, but there have been plenty of stories of people driving off boat ramps or into rivers, lakes or oceans over the years.

There was the story of the 80 year old granny who missed her turn and kept driving for 300 miles ... that was in England, though (Worcester) so may be hard even for an Australian to beat!

• Like 2

I hate the Sat Nav voice always intruding -  "turn left 600 metres"  and so on every few seconds. That is not an issue if you are in Darwin and want to go to Adelaide.

Follow Tiger Brennan Dr to National Highway 1 in Holtze
16 min (18.3 km)

Continue on National Highway 1. Take National Highway 87 and National Highway A87 to Main N Rd in Adelaide
33 h (3,004 km)

Take King William Rd to Victoria Square in Adelaide

10 min (3.6 km)
Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4

Not sure about Oz drivers going silly distances, but there have been plenty of stories of people driving off boat ramps or into rivers, lakes or oceans over the years.

There was the story of the 80 year old granny who missed her turn and kept driving for 300 miles ... that was in England, though (Worcester) so may be hard even for an Australian to beat!

Grannies ares meticulously  designed for that sort of thing as my wife will confirm where most of a two hour long journey is taken up finding her way out of the village and she's been banned for life for driving on the M25, backing up our drive and ending up in the neighbours fish pond and parking anywhere where there's only room between two cars for a block of flats.

Anyway, in my wilder youth and totally pissed out of my brain, I once aimed a BMW 325 at the Isle of Raasay ferry in Scotland, missed it by a country mile and ended up in the Atlantic but don't PM my wife I told you that !

Edited by allan downes

One question Allan: how big was that ferry? If ti was a very small one, you might have a good excuse for missing it! ;)

My other half tends to drive past parking spots I could park the hardtop in, looking for something she can drive out of on the other side ... she drives a Nissan Micra!  :D

Edited by SRman

Grannies ares meticulously  designed for that sort of thing as my wife will confirm where most of a two hour long journey is taken up finding her way out of the village and she's been banned for life for driving on the M25, backing up our drive and ending up in the neighbours fish pond and parking anywhere where there's only room between two cars for a block of flats.

Anyway, in my wilder youth and totally pissed out of my brain, I once aimed a BMW 325 at the Isle of Raasay ferry in Scotland, missed it by a country mile and ended up in the Atlantic but don't PM my wife I told you that !

Sorry I'm late. I missed the ferry.

One question Allan: how big was that ferry? If ti was a very small one, you might have a good excuse for missing it! ;)

My other half tends to drive past parking spots I could park the hardtop in, looking for something she can drive out of on the other side ... she drives a Nissan Micra!  :D

At the time. and what with double vision, I had a choice of two but missed both.

The drive on ramps are about 12ft wide but disappear altogether when you're pissed.

At the time. and what with double vision, I had a choice of two but missed both.

The drive on ramps are about 12ft wide but disappear altogether when you're pissed.

If you could see two ramps, you had a 50% chance of getting one of them, yet you managed to miss both?   :jester:

Edited by SRman

Finally had some rain over the weekend after 79 days or something of no rain.

Which made the Galahs happy because they could perch on the powerlines outside my window and wash the hard to reach bits under their wings.

post-22541-0-84187200-1508755904_thumb.jpg

And drove  into my kitchen  the first Huntsman I've seen this year so far.

post-22541-0-37243400-1508756035_thumb.jpg

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4

Then of course, we will have electricity 'savings' of $115 per annum, by 2020. Still waiting for the last promise of $500 a year, instead its gone up by much more than that.

Don't hold your breath!

Tonights Four Corners about the NBN rollout was particularly heartening if you are concerned about the mad skilz of our current political leaders- the 'adults' who are now in charge. You know things are rough when you start to consider a move to New Zealand..

Seriously, if I was Governor General I'd replace everyone in Canberra with these guys - they'd do a lot less damage and be much cheaper. (Or should that be 'Cheeper'? seeing that they are birds! Heh heh heh.)

Fun fact - birds are left handed, hence why celebrity southpaw Paul McCartney was in a band called Wings.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1