Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Modelling mojo and state of mind

• RMweb Gold

Yes, its a shame when we don't feel up to doing anything with our models, but it is a hobby and it will be there waiting for us when we are back in the right head space. When we are in the right place, we can partake again and get the benefits it brings to us.

Never beat yourselves up about anything, we are all human.

Take care folks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Spent yesterday doing anything but modelling, how hard do we make it for ourselves.

Feeling dumb and fear of getting it wrong is a stifling feeling when we're meant to be doing this for enjoyment.

Its incredibly frustrating. I have a pair of 0395's 30566 and 30567 and looking yesterday thinking I'd add the handrail at the edge of the cab realised both cabs were at different gaps from the end, dough. Now have to work out which is right, if either, remove and put right. However managed to fit all the hinges on my NER luggage van (I've a photo of one on a push pull train at Wimborne so not completly mad but of course now can't find the packet of T handles. grrr 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

22 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Its incredibly frustrating. I have a pair of 0395's 30566 and 30567 and looking yesterday thinking I'd add the handrail at the edge of the cab realised both cabs were at different gaps from the end, dough. Now have to work out which is right, if either, remove and put right. However managed to fit all the hinges on my NER luggage van (I've a photo of one on a push pull train at Wimborne so not completly mad but of course now can't find the packet of T handles. grrr 

I was meant to be cutting some thick plasticard that will be the structural strength for the sides to my overall roof - I keep finding other stuff to do rather than get the saw out.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2024 at 20:14, woodenhead said:

I was meant to be cutting some thick plasticard that will be the structural strength for the sides to my overall roof - I keep finding other stuff to do rather than get the saw out.

Its frusrating isn't it.  Managed to take both cabs off so start afresh only to realise I've lost the steps. ! It sort of takes my mind over more redundancies to come 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4