Bachmann Class 20 - speaker for 8 pin version

marlish0_1

Hi all,

after a bit of help. I'm looking to use one sound decoder, but then have wires going into a second class 20, I've done it before, however I'd taken the motor out & put in a bass reflex speaker, sounded great, but useless at pulling anything.

Plan B is to have the wires driving the second motor & a speaker in the second loco as well, as yet I've not been able to fathom out how to install one, the 22mm round is too big, therefore it leaves the rectangular version as per the normal Bachmann speaker. Even swapping the bodies over still leaves too little room to accommodate one.

Any suggestions would be appreciated <_<

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

it is possible to fit a bass enhanced but you will need to do a little filing. As you have found out only a 20x40 will fit under the grill area.

The speaker baffel box won't fit in so you can hold the speaker in place with some blue tac to create a small baffel for the speaker.

You would have to be careful if you wire up a second motor that you don't overload the chip.

If you can work out the stall current and compare it to the max on the chip spec.

Hope this helps

cheers

Simon

Archived