• RMweb Premium
On 27/08/2024 at 14:17, Scooby71 said:

IMG_3348.jpeg.4edbe05224bba9f08d12e23dc4158089.jpeg

Love this shot of it leaving the station. The stone and brick wall combination is a lovely touch, really well weathered too. 

What’s the yellow van we can just see the back of?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 61656 said:

Love this shot of it leaving the station. The stone and brick wall combination is a lovely touch, really well weathered too. 

What’s the yellow van we can just see the back of?

Thanks for the compliment, the van is from Oxford Diecast, Sherpa British Rail Van. 

IMG_3583.jpeg.61748979af761412ecd0d00b6cbaaa8e.jpeg

IMG_3584.jpeg.a41f4b5e92e619ae24ae2399cd2e169d.jpeg

• Like 3

On 07/09/2024 at 23:37, JDW said:

Nice to see someone doing something with these basic and old but characterful models. The Hornby 142 is a model that I always think seems to look a bit toy-like but with some very basic work can actually look quite decent for what it is. 

A couple more easy mods are to finish off the dark blue and white stripes into the door recesses on the Provincial unit, and opening up what should be the rectangular hole below the coupling on the ends. I've also flattened off the moulded coupling and fitted spares from a Hornby 153 which stick out a bit more on mine and get rid of the very 'flat' look of the moulded ones.  

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look at adding some dummy couplings. I will also have another Pacer on the workbench soon for Drabford. 

• Like 1

On 11/09/2024 at 00:33, Scooby71 said:

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have a look at adding some dummy couplings. I will also have another Pacer on the workbench soon for Drabford. 

Even better, you can get working ones if you have space for two units. 
Might have to pack them out to get round that tight curve!

The Hornby group did one as well.

IMG_0557.png

• Like 1