2ManySpams

Public transport on Saturday is somewhat easier than on a Sunday. On Saturday it is possible to use the Marsh Barton park and ride bus in reverse. The nearest station is Exeter Central/Queen Street. The park and ride car park is right next door to the venue.

By the way I shan't be making it this year as I am currently on holiday in sunny, yes, sunny Glasgow. Good luck to Dave and the team.

SS

We have a courtesy coach laid on Sunday (Hamilton Gray) From St David's and Central stations as well as Sidwell Street. 25 min's see exhibition guide via www.exemrs.co.uk for times or pm me.

Kev S

• RMweb Premium

Public transport on Saturday is somewhat easier than on a Sunday. On Saturday it is possible to use the Marsh Barton park and ride bus in reverse. The nearest station is Exeter Central/Queen Street. The park and ride car park is right next door to the venue.

By the way I shan't be making it this year as I am currently on holiday in sunny, yes, sunny Glasgow. Good luck to Dave and the team.

SS

The public transport complication to station master may be where he is starting from rather than the Exeter end. ??? maybe ??

Andy

• RMweb Gold

The public transport complication to station master may be where he is starting from rather than the Exeter end. ??? maybe ??

Andy

Bit of both Andy - potentially seriously exacerbated by what happens at the Exeter end.  Home to Exeter Central is almost exactly 3 hours with 3 changes, not the end of the world of course but add the walk to/find the shuttle 'bus then its time to Marsh Barton and I'm looking at the best part of an 8 hour day simply to travel to & fro - assuming trains and 'buses connect nicely at Central.

St Davids would be far more convenient for me on the Sunday but the earliest I can get there wholly by public transport is after 13.00 although I could be there a couple of hours earlier if I drive to Reading and catch a train a couple of hours earlier.  And in any case I'm not sure if the domestic authorities would welcome me taking another day off to visit an exhibition having done several in recent weeks but that is a separate issue of course.

• RMweb Gold

Had a great day today behind the layout and yes I was operating !

Great Fun !

Back tomorrow with Ray for some more ......

Oh, and some more photos as I did not get chance today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a great day today behind the layout and yes I was operating ! Great Fun ! Back tomorrow with Ray for some more ...... Oh, and some more photos as I did not get chance today.

Yours and Rays efforts were massively appreciated today

Thank you

• RMweb Premium

Didnt get the chance for a good look at DitD today, will make up for it tomorrow.

Dave.

PS  Mudmagnet was having the time of his life, he's definitely getting ideas for extending Acacia Avenue....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Didnt get the chance for a good look at DitD today, will make up for it tomorrow.Dave.PS  Mudmagnet was having the time of his life, he's definitely getting ideas for extending Acacia Avenue....

Dave

Please say hello

I came to see you on your layout but you weren't there.....

• RMweb Gold

Just as well that you would need to widen the track gauge by 12.8mm for my GWR kettles then! No fear of them being seen on DitD.

PS.  Spotted a toilet on a model yesterday that was NOT built by Stubbzie.

Wrong gauge young fellah.  St Blazey was on the Cornwall Minerals Railway and notwithstanding court action by the Cornwall Railway it never laid much in the way of a third rail for proper gauge trains and what it did lay was next to useless.

Can someone get a bigger box for Ray to stand on, he can't see beyond the shed !!

Excellent model and running well yesterday when I saw it for the first time you guys should be proud of what you've achieved.

Mind you slight disappointment, I couldn't get a pint of Tribute at the pub !!

Grahame