2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Are you guys members of the EMGS? I was thinking of joining but am being cautious - with UK Society's you pay through the nose (compared to UK Members) for the dubious pleasure of a printed "News Letter" sent AirMail (if you are lucky) yet you cannot take advantage of the other offers like one on one tutorials, meets, Swaps, etc., that the UK guys can...

Can I get decent gauges from them, for example?

Best, Pete.

Pete, we were members many years ago when we built New Haden Colliery but modelling and membership lapsed a good 15 years ago. Modelling resumed with Treneglos 9 years ago but we never got round to re-joining when building Diesels in the Duchy. Mind you that was originally intended to be P4....

• RMweb Premium

Just a very quick thanks. A very inspiring layout, setting a bar to aim for in making buildings, and so much information and detail.

Thank you.

Jamie

• Like 1

Hooray we can still afford the great delicacy just shows what people power can do.The layout pics look good glad you enjoyed your trip to Aylesbury couldnt make the show not to well,but from reading the comments the Risboro team are doing well as usual.How was the beer on Saturday the pub now has its own brewery proper stuff none of this mass produced rubbish.Looking forward to seeing the new layout how do you find the time to do all this modeling?

Chris, I know nothing about the South West Clay business but it looks like it holds "slurry" or "slip". I'm right in assuming that the normal hoppers hold a dry powder????

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

We took the decision this year to use a trailer to transport DitD to exhibitions rather than hiring the usual vans.

The main reason was to try and save some costs for the exhibition organisers in these slightly strained times but it also has the benefit that it can be unloaded at leisure rather than at 10-11 pm on a Sunday night.

This is said trailer during unloading...

post-8734-0-17256400-1338625022_thumb.jpg

I've added two shelves to maximise the use of space.

• Like 3

Way back when I was a photographer carrying serious kit worth serious money I used a very cheap inflatable surfboard (!!) I found at K-mart as an airbag to stop all the gear from moving around in the boot of the car. Worked a treat. Never had any problems.

From the photo it looks like you could use an inflatable mattress under each board to cushion it and deflate it when arriving to remove the layout.

Just a thought - my photo gear was worth $16,000 back in the eighties (about twice what the car was worth) and I never lost or damaged anything, so it's worth a try.

• RMweb Gold

Although I understand that there are concerns with shaking the layout during transportation, I know that several people transport their layouts in purpose built / modified trailers (Gordon Gravett springs to mind - Pempoul and Ditchling Green - I don't think that he had any problems).

Have you got somewhere secure to store the trailer? I assume that you off-load the layout when back home?

• RMweb Premium

Although I understand that there are concerns with shaking the layout during transportation, I know that several people transport their layouts in purpose built / modified trailers (Gordon Gravett springs to mind - Pempoul and Ditchling Green - I don't think that he had any problems).

Have you got somewhere secure to store the trailer? I assume that you off-load the layout when back home?

Time will tell....

The next show's not for while now so DitD's gone in to storage to allow space for the next project to commence.

One of our (now ex) regular exhibitors had a specially built trailer for his layouts which included extra insulation and a thermostatic fan heater and dehumidifier.

The layout lived permanently in the trailer and never seemed to come to any harm, I hasten to add that the stock was kept in the house!

Time will tell....

The next show's not for while now so DitD's gone in to storage to allow space for the next project to commence.

Next project? do tell.

Really enjoying the pics and video from the show, great stuff plenty of 37s.

Cheers Peter.