2ManySpams

Can I have a guess? Must be 50024 Vanguard as I have one very similar..........

Excellent layout by the way, can't beat 37's and china clay.

Spot on. 10 points! 50024 around 1987 - black roof, red buffer beam and snowploughs :-)

Will be helping R&DMRC set up Railex in May so hope to have a chat then - could bring my Ajax but its the wrong gauge (00) atm!

Bruce

I've fainted...

Best, Pete.

I can confirm this ( Sainsburys in Tonbridge currently having to sell off excess pies everyday :rolleyes: ). In response to Olddudders, we always give cakes in the afternoon. There is also some film on You Tube that features Treneglos on Saturday, In hope to be able to put on here later as the gentleman has given agreement to me.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

I can confirm this ( Sainsburys in Tonbridge currently having to sell off excess pies everyday :rolleyes: ). In response to Olddudders, we always give cakes in the afternoon. There is also some film on You Tube that features Treneglos on Saturday, In hope to be able to put on here later as the gentleman has given agreement to me.

Colin

I only had salads and smoothies the whole weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Damian,

Pipework looks spot on, It might be computer screen but maybe a little more brown/black on the bogies.

Cheers Peter.

Nice shot!

Interesting, to the eye, they look darker, so the camera/ lights combination is seeing something slightly different.

I've done 8 of them now and they do have varing degree's of fuel splash and oil on them - although not quite as bad as your 'black diamonds' beauty. If you look at the very front of the bogie on your picture, thats the general colour/effect i've tried to capture.

I have to say it's all very subjective, having looked at this and photographed them for years, there is a vast variety.

post-8734-0-13204100-1330247636_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-72896200-1330250292_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-95312800-1330250364_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-01743300-1330250439_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking if I put any more paint on them they are going to end up out of loading gauge.

Edited by Indomitable026
  • Like 2

Hi Damian,

It was the brown on the front of the bogies that I was talking about, though the more pics I look at the more I notice the oil. As you say it all very subjective, plus I think different people see colour differently. To my eyes I think the bogies look a touch Humbrol Matt Leather and need to be a little more Humbrol Matt Khaki.

I will shut up now and leave you with a nice class 50 and a Peak.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-88901900-1330255014_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-56343200-1330255099_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Damian,

It was the brown on the front of the bogies that I was talking about, though the more pics I look at the more I notice the oil. As you say it all very subjective, plus I think different people see colour differently. To my eyes I think the bogies look a touch Humbrol Matt Leather and need to be a little more Humbrol Matt Khaki.

I will shut up now and leave you with a nice class 50 and a Peak.

Cheers Peter.

I can't belive it, now i've got a bl**dy peak on my nice English Electric thread!!

You were of course right and I have done a little more work, but thats it now, no more. I feel like i'm polishing the t*rd and I must get on with the coaches.

post-8734-0-11447700-1330256997_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I am getting worried about your visit to Trainwest in April. We normally have sandwiches and home-made cakes for exhibitors when they arrive. Do we need to order some pies as well?

Geoff Endacott

Don't worry, I think you will find us quite adaptable.

We eat anything!!!