2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Current fleet :

Grey, grey, triple grey, oh a red strip ( on grey, probably), grey, grey, more grey, another grey.....

Do you want the 'vans grey too, so they blend in, or might that mean they are likely to be mistaken for locos ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Current fleet :

Grey, grey, triple grey, oh a red strip ( on grey, probably), grey, grey, more grey, another grey.....

Do you want the 'vans grey too, so they blend in, or might that mean they are likely to be mistaken for locos ?

Stubby50

The police will be round within the hour

• RMweb Premium

Stu,  when you make this/these caravans/mobile homes - whatever, please can you add a medium sized figure in the doorway of one of them ?

He needs to be wearing a very bright short-sleeved shirt, shorts and flip flops and be carrying a surf-board. 

Y'know, somebody really cool - but maybe just slightly out of period for all these 50 shades of grey diesels.

All the best from the "Snowland Stud"!!!!

• RMweb Gold

Current fleet :

Could be worse, could be Spam, Spam, Egg and Spam... :no:

• Like 1

Current fleet list;

3 x 08 BR Blue, Triple Grey, Engineers grey

37035 Dutch

37207 Engineers Grey

37412 Large Logo Blue

37413 Scottish Triple Grey Distribution

37415 Intercity Mainline

37420 Intercity Mainline

37521 Triple Grey Petroleum

37669 Railfreight Red Stripe

37670 Triple Grey Distribution

37671 Incorrect Triple Grey Metals

37672 Incorrect Triple Grey Distribution

37673 Triple Grey Distribution

37674 Railfreight Red Stripe

47474 Parcels Sector Red and Grey

50007 GWR Green

50008 Laira Blue

50149 Triple Grey General

56013 Triple Grey Coal

cool fleet size there bud and clearer on the control mishandling jokes because that grey 1 moved instead of that grey loco other there he hee  oopps.  at least it gives plenty more to run if 1 or 2 ermmmm get stuck in the turntable pit.

All them grey loco`s give me the excuse I aint turning old n grey, had it dyed rail freight and on a bad day red strip from shaving too close.

Hope theres some more update pics at weekend.

cheers ken

• RMweb Premium

Did someone mention 50 shades of grey?  I thought there was only 3 on "Defiance"? :D  ;)

unless you mean..........

Mean what?

Did I mention my favourite colour is Grey?

The front of layout is a representation of Intercity Executive Grey ! 

Surprised you only have one class 47 ( no nose) Damian, were they not common at St Blazey. I would have thought they would have worked in on some freight.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Did someone mention 50 shades of grey?  I thought there was only 3 on "Defiance"? :D  ;)

unless you mean..........

Anywhay, there may well be more than 3 shades on Defiance - You've not seen me thrashing my Airbrush

Surprised you only have one class 47 ( no nose) Damian, were they not common at St Blazey. I would have thought they would have worked in on some freight.

Cheers Peter.

Cos I don't really care for them....

Anywhay, there may well be more than 3 shades on Defiance - You've not seen me thrashing my Airbrush

Cos I don't really care for them....

Thought that might be the reason, must admit I am not their biggest fan. I got to like them more once I started on the railway and realised they were a pretty good workhorse. I actually drove one once  plus came off the road with one too.

A nice 7mm Scottish one with ploughs will look nice on your new project.  :locomotive:  :mosking:

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Thought that might be the reason, must admit I am not their biggest fan. I got to like them more once I started on the railway and realised they were a pretty good workhorse. I actually drove one once  plus came off the road with one too.

A nice 7mm Scottish one with ploughs will look nice on your new project.  :locomotive:  :mosking:

Cheers Peter.

Yes I guess so but I'll be buying plenty of 'Type 2s' first !

tee - cupa tee, tee cupa tee, tee cupa tee

hic - cup

• RMweb Gold

Aha Thanks for that.

That part of the world (according to Google Earth) does not yet have vans on, but does appear to have been prepared with areas of gravel.

I would suggest, given the orientation of the layout being North/South (this end being the North (no - not all of the North !)), that the 3 vans are aligned at 45 deg to the edge of the board, and parallel with the tracks to the left. 

I'll supply the vans with a hardstanding area under each one - leaving you to blend these in to the existing ground cover.

Estimate about 3 weeks to complete these, so should be in time for the next outing.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Very productive day today;

• Both Transit boxes now have wheels
  • Two ramps made for loading said boxes in to trailer/van
  • Fascia's upgraded as per BCB style (big job)
  • 'Sky' transit box complete
  • Avoided completing those doors
  • Couple of pints of Peroni and a chilli
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Right, boss.

Caravan foot print - upto 145mm x 40mm

Hardstanding area - 160mm x 60mm

Bases 180mm x 80mm

If I make 3 bases 180mm x 80mm wide, would they fit in the area provided, if placed at the suggested 45 deg angle ?

post-7025-0-69512700-1373661637.gif

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

True, Mickey.

I'll be using gravel (chinchilla dust) under the vans - perhaps 'hardstanding' was a slight overstatement.

Google Earth views of this area does seem to show gravel plots suitable for static vans.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

True, Mickey.

I'll be using gravel (chinchilla dust) under the vans - perhaps 'hardstanding' was a slight overstatement.

Google Earth views of this area does seem to show gravel plots suitable for static vans.

in that case it will be better for me to scatter the gravel down and not have to dig out for foundations