CARROG in 4mm & Ruabon discussion...

coachmann

Larry, you've now got a chuffin' Crab (or you will have when I bring it round !)

post-14569-0-36716200-1507583278.jpg

post-14569-0-53409400-1507583288.jpg

Zimo MX645 decoder installed in tender with YouChoos 0.6W speaker, 1000uF capacitor and 4 pin connector to loco. 

It makes a change from what I'm currently working with:

post-14569-0-29058200-1507583310.jpg

No prizes for guessing which I prefer ! - its a bit fiddly this 00 scale, but as they say "variety is the spice of life"

• Like 9

Almost too dark for useful photography but this is the 'Hall' chassis painted before I went out this afternoon to collect the 'Crab' from PGH. As usual, a coat of black on the wheel rims removes the toy-like appearance...

post-6680-0-54901100-1507656462.jpg

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 8

Hope nothing major with the crab Larry! Cracking looking model that.

Will you be attending the Llangollen railway autumn gala this weekend?

John

I hope the Crab is okay. Two words regarding Llangollen.....  Bullied crap. :jester:

Edited by coachmann

I hope the Crab is okay. Two words regarding Llangollen.....  Bullied crap. :jester:

Just as well we're getting rid of it, it's been a right fath all the troubles it's given Bridgnorth MPD. Not like the trustworthy GWR Manors. :)

• Like 1

My Lenz LH100 handset that I use for changing CV's will not activate  CV8=8 to factory reset. I just wondered if anyone else has this problem.

Hi Coachman,

My Lenz LH100/LZV100 will change CV's including resetting to factory defaults (CV8 to 8) with no problem at all.

I'm not sure why yours won't do so, as it should. Are you trying to do it via POM or on a separate programming track?

Jinty ;) 

Hi Coachman,

My Lenz LH100/LZV100 will change CV's including resetting to factory defaults (CV8 to 8) with no problem at all.

I'm not sure why yours won't do so, as it should. Are you trying to do it via POM or on a separate programming track?

Jinty ;)

I have been doing it on the main running track. Should it be done on the programming track then?  I presume POM is programming on the main....?

I have been doing it on the main running track. Should it be done on the programming track then?  I presume POM is programming on the main....?

Hi Coachman,

Yes POM is 'Program on the Main'

I always set CV's on a programming track, if only to isolate the loco being programmed from any others.

I appreciate that you should be able to POM, but I'm always cautious of changing anything else other than the item I want to change.

Jinty ;)

I changed a loco back to factory settings this morning using the programming track so all is well. If only I had known before sending an engine off to someone to 'sort out'. In fact, I have had to do it three times this morning because I was trying to get F'key #4 to blow the F'key#21 whistle using the assignment CV's and ended up with now't.

There is a heck of a lot to this DCC sound malarkey and while I pride myself (at my age and with numbering dyslexia) on having learned how to get the individual locos to perform and sound as I want them to, I have probably only just scratched the surface. To anyone who assumes soldering is a black art....Believe me, it's a stroll in the park compared with mastering CV's! 

Hi Larry

Do you have a sound decoder for the Dukedog yet?  It looks the part at Carrog.  When I get one it will be Oswestry's last, mainly because I remember it well from when in store at the Works.

Hi Paul,  

I initially fitted a YouChoos 'Hall' sound in the Dukedog as I preferred it to the pucker Dukedog decoder (I considered the exhaust lacked guts). The prototype has a deepish exhaust and so I have ordered the 94XX Pannier sound for it. The Hall decoder is being transferred from the Dukedog to the recently painted Hall. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Take a trip to Bury and you can get a ride behind the Crab and 52322 - even a double header on the 10.30 from Bury on Saturday. Just turn to the West when 34092 passes you at Ramsbottom.

Apparently Wells is poorly so the Crab is doing its turn today

Apparently Wells is poorly so the Crab is doing its turn today

Awe gee, that is bad news....    :mosking:   

My 'Crab' made a full recovery thankfully and is winging its way back to me even as I type. Before it fell ill, the sound cheered the cockles of my heart and so the LMS-bug clearly isn't out of my system! I can feel LMS influence coming on at Carrog and it has now't to do with London Midland Region control...

Edited by coachmann