The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Google maps say I can manage one way in 10hr 35 mins, so if I didn't eat, sleep or stop for a p you never know.

Thankfully Eddie has saved Me with his Z.

Of course what I would have done is just popped down to Bassendean and photographed the Zanthus cabin that's been relocated to the Rail Museum and just told you chaps I did the big trip :D

I do have a couple of images taken at Zanthus tucked away somewhere - not sure whether I got the nameboard in the shot and definitely no station buildings.

• Like 1

Kennett, Cambridgeshire

post-10122-0-53582400-1501512781_thumb.jpg

So far, I think we've had...

[England]

Berkshire

Buckinhamshire

Cambridgeshire

Cheshire

Devonshire

Gloucestershire

Hampshire

Herefordshire

Hertfordshire

Shropshire

Warwickshire

Worcestershire

(North) Yorkshire

[scotland]

Ross-shire

Dumfriesshire

[Wales]

Carmarthenshire

Denbighsire

(South) Glamorgan

Merionyddshire (?)

Montgomeryshire

Pembrokeshire

Plenty of scope - what has happened to the LMS heartlands of the midlands?  New Hampshire in the USA?

Bonus points for places other than county towns!

• RMweb Gold

Brownhills West station, Chasewater Railway. I think the railway station is just within the County of the West Midlands although Chasewater is in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. I suppose we can leave it a bit vague so that anyone else with a good Staffs or West Midlands photo can have a chance!

33639631252_ee74d90b29_h.jpgChasewater005 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

• RMweb Gold

Brownhills West station, Chasewater Railway. I think the railway station is just within the County of the West Midlands although Chasewater is in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. I suppose we can leave it a bit vague so that anyone else with a good Staffs or West Midlands photo can have a chance!

Chasewater005 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

The problem with that is that West Midlands isn't a shire county. So Staffordshire has now been bagged, which is a shame as I had just one which would have done, but I was holding back as I had had Oxfordshire last go.

Edited by phil_sutters

• RMweb Gold

I think Somerset and Dorset both count as "Shires" because they both are (were) Shire counties and/or ceremonial counties.  That's why I thought a photo of the West Midlands County will qualify as it remains a ceremonial county, whereas Gwynedd, Powys etc can't count because they have never been county authorities nor ceremonial counties.

Perhaps though I'm allowing my former profession as a Local Government planner to cloud my judgement!

PS Stick Staffordshire back into the list if West Midlands doesn't count.

Edited by wombatofludham

• RMweb Gold

I think Somerset and Dorset both count as "Shires" because they both are (were) Shire counties and/or ceremonial counties.  That's why I thought a photo of the West Midlands County will qualify as it remains a ceremonial county, whereas Gwynedd, Powys etc can't count because they have never been county authorities nor ceremonial counties.

Perhaps though I'm allowing my former profession as a Local Government planner to cloud my judgement!

PS Stick Staffordshire back into the list if West Midlands doesn't count.

I and I think most of the contributors have been thinking of 'Shire Counties' just as those that had the suffix -shire, rather than having any appreciation of counties' status - ceremonial or otherwise.

Again another pic of a pic, and I will say Preston, but as for the county, that word will never pass my lips :jester: :mosking:

post-1525-0-93949300-1501522226_thumb.jpg

See, I was so traumatised by the prospect, I originally forgot to attach the picture :)

2nd Edit: I was waiting for Newbryford of this parish to claim his home ground....

Edited by leopardml2341

Again another pic of a pic, and I will say Preston, but as for the county, that word will never pass my lips :jester: :mosking:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170731_172953~2.jpg

See, I was so traumatised by the prospect, I originally forgot to attach the picture :)

2nd Edit: I was waiting for Newbryford of this parish to claim his home ground....

Earlier I said the word for you!

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_20170731_172953~2.jpg

Do you mean Lancashire, the County Palatine. land of the red rose; is it that Lancashire to which you cannot refer?

• Like 1