The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

I thought the 'challenge' in post #3466 was for a series of company logos in the same vein as the recent set of railway notices.

My misunderstanding perhaps ?

The final photo in the signs challenge was of a railway company crest and I thought that that would make a new challenge. Signs meant to me something more about information than identity, although there is some overlap. Companies' crests and logos should give a fairly wide range of options from home and abroad - ancient & modern. 

What would make a good model - well almost everything from the Rocket to Pendolinos, Fijian cane railways to industrial northern grime has been modelled, so that is about the widest choice available, or were we going to look at things that hadn't been modelled to date - as far as we know?! Tomorrow perhaps.

post-14351-0-76149000-1508247179_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There are clearly lots logos & crests about, but it's obviously not a subject that appeals. I suggest we move on. We can either pick up on the 'what would make a good model?' idea or someone else can suggest a new topic. I'll butt out for a bit.

• RMweb Gold

There are clearly lots logos & crests about, but it's obviously not a subject that appeals. I suggest we move on. We can either pick up on the 'what would make a good model?' idea or someone else can suggest a new topic. I'll butt out for a bit.

I could post a whole set of photos that I think would make good models .......

..... but I think Noch have already done them.  :whistle:

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Premium

Pity

There are so many interesting logos around both UK & abroad.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Us modellers with a Swindon leaning could DESPERATELY do with a new version of these . . .

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Dinmore Manor receiving attention at Toddington MPD, May 2017

Boring!

Let's have a 43XX, much more useful and many more of them.

Keith

Boring!

Let's have a 43XX, much more useful and many more of them.

Keith

Oi! No harm in a Manor or two (or three, as we have at the SVR). The 43xx was produced by Bachmann many years ago IIRC.

Presumably you have a photo of a 43xx that you'd like to share?

• RMweb Premium

I've absolutely no idea where this theme came from.

Anything with a connection to the word or number seven.

70004 on a Fidler's Ferry bound coal train climbs Langho bank in 2011

post-408-0-04355500-1508368380_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Here is an EMU with two 7s.

post-7081-0-15613800-1508387772_thumb.jpg

Class 423 4Vep no. 7738 at  * Southampton Central*, with 47100 in the background, 4/11/81

(location corrected - thanks SM46 and petethemole)

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 1