The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

What's all this fuss over shortened HST's? Virgin Cross Country were running some in 2003 (seen here at Hinksey 27Mar03) - a problem with brake blocks I think? It was also repeated for a short while another time due to tech issues and the need to inspect the whole fleet quickly.

post-11293-0-24467900-1524580541_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So having randomly clicked on my photo files I find a visit to the Isle of Wight Railway in 2011,

and a random click on an image gives this view which I think is from Havenstreet

attachicon.gifIMG_3679 a.jpg

Isle of Wight Railway  31/3/2011

And the next photo will also have some steam,

cheers

That is Havenstreet, looking towards Newport. Fireman Stuart Butt (on the footplate) looking backwards.

Cheers,

Ian

• RMweb Gold

That is Havenstreet, looking towards Newport. Fireman Stuart Butt (on the footplate) looking backwards.

Cheers,

Ian

You can see a wider shot here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/85292-army-198-haven-street-iow-31-5-2013/ I have more to add to this album, I just haven't the time to sort them out at present.

• RMweb Gold

Although looking unusual these trips in and out of St.Leonard's Engineering were fairly regular for a time. I had to travel to Hastings every other Friday and saw several of these movements.

post-14351-0-62114400-1524606573_thumb.jpg

Any more unusual formations?

• RMweb Premium

What's all this fuss over shortened HST's? Virgin Cross Country were running some in 2003 (seen here at Hinksey 27Mar03) - a problem with brake blocks I think? It was also repeated for a short while another time due to tech issues and the need to inspect the whole fleet quickly.

attachicon.gifrev Vxc 5 car HST Hinksey 27Mar03.jpg

I believe a 2+2 once turned up on a Manchester Airport- Glasgow working once instead of the normal sub-contracted Northern 158. There were a number of short formed XC HSTs for a short period due to axle bearing issues.

edit - can't find a photo apart from a defunct fotopic link, but it was in 1997.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

I believe a 2+2 once turned up on a Manchester Airport- Glasgow working once instead of the normal sub-contracted Northern 158. There were a number of short formed XC HSTs for a short period due to axle bearing issues.

edit - can't find a photo apart from a defunct fotopic link, but it was in 1997.

Cheers,

Mick

I seem to remember my son telling me about that happening on at least one occasion when he was at Salford University in the mid-1990s.

• RMweb Gold

I seem to remember my son telling me about that happening on at least one occasion when he was at Salford University in the mid-1990s.

I was also at Salford and have a recollection of a Glasgow in late morning going through Cresecent being like this... I think it was short lived..less than a week and by Friday it was back to a unit as indeed I think I may have tried going to Piccadilly purely to get a ride home on one, but was denied the pleasure.

I could well have a picture though I’ve no idea where.

Here’s someone else’s,.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47118s-pixs/5359187587

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I've posted this before on my East London Line thread, but how about a "double" inside from the cab? Looking out from the drivers seat of 378137 from inside the maintenance building at New Cross Gate depot.

post-32776-0-56510800-1525188234_thumb.jpg

Regards, Ian.

• Like 2