The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

A Trac Unimog ro-rail shunter at work near the Newhaven Marine junction. Don't worry there is a different U for Unimog pic for tomorrow! Note the speed restriction Termination sign as well. NB the fancy logoed presentation is just me being flash - it's not an official photo. I could draw your attention to the ferry Terminal where the Transmanche ferries dock and the disembarked artic trailers awaiting collection.

post-14351-0-27793200-1519846971_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Tour de France Twenties and  trainspotters.

post-408-0-74620700-1519851650_thumb.jpg

A number of special trains were run from Blackburn to Leeds to coincide with the Tour de France that was in Yorkshire for two days in July 2014.

DRS traction in the form of 47s was the prime mover, but a pair of 20s were rostered to one diagram, proving quite popular.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Actually it's heading south Phil ;)

I guess the area to the south has changed quite a lot, with most of those sidings being replaced by car parks and ?industrial units. 

Edited by phil_sutters

The old Caledonian Station of Whifflet Upper, in Coatbridge.  This was an interesting station as there were two "Whifflet Lower" platforms on the main line that passed under the furthest span of the bridge, the only access to those platforms was via the upper station - there is a pub quiz question - name a station that you could only access via another station!

24871332785_1d1ea7c556_c.jpg

Jim

• Like 7