The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. Possibly those that ran between Rover works at Swindon and Longbridge for a while, e.g. Martin Loader's photo here: http://www.hondawanderer.com/58020_Spetchley_1999.htm

Apologies - not a "Q"

Definitely the KSA "cubes". 

Some have now been converted to timber carrying duty.

post-408-0-33027200-1519596702_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Q is the TOPS code for bogied departmental stock. Not just the test stuff

Bescot rerailing train:

QPA ADB975471

post-408-0-24477000-1519597375_thumb.jpg

And a brace of QQAs ADB971001 and ADB971003

post-408-0-96417000-1519597376_thumb.jpg

Although the four wheel stuff is Z coded - here's ZXQ 460000 - the optical gauging car of the Structure Gauging train. Relatively uncommon brake code Q denotes unbraked with a through air pipe.

Taken at Derby in May 2013 just after it was retired from active duty and since scrapped

post-408-0-46072200-1519597810_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Following on from the previous picture here is the latest incarnation of Queens Drive, which runs off Smallbrook Queensway

post-6208-0-84432300-1519598915_thumb.jpg

It is now just a cab rank, the cabs drive from Queensway up to a mini island and return to queue by the exit back onto Queensway

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Trains climbing Rothorn Mountain on the Brienz Rothorn Bahn

Thanks for that memory.   I did that trip many many years ago, and it appears not to have changed much in the meantime.  It was a choice between the steam rack line, or the climb to the top of the Jungfrau, and as I was still steam besotted, I chose this - I was an impoverished student at the time, so couldn't afford both.

• Like 1

Thanks for that memory.   I did that trip many many years ago, and it appears not to have changed much in the meantime.  It was a choice between the steam rack line, or the climb to the top of the Jungfrau, and as I was still steam besotted, I chose this - I was an impoverished student at the time, so couldn't afford both.

We went to the bottom of the line, where (fortunately) there was a TV screen showing conditions at the top - thick cloud/fog. Next time...