The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Back in the days of Black and white photography Standard Class 5 73150 departing Buchanan Street Station in Glasgow and also Class 40 Type 4 D365 arriving.  More BBBB 's please!

post-1767-0-29246700-1518175683_thumb.jpg

post-1767-0-93731200-1518175689_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Back in the days of Black and white photography Standard Class 5 73150 departing Buchanan Street Station in Glasgow and also Class 40 Type 4 D365 arriving.  More BBBB 's please!

OMG, awesome photographs (saved for personal use), first one I have seen of a 40 on a passenger at Buchanan Street, do you have any more, would love to see them if you have.

Jim

• RMweb Gold

How many Bs do you want?

Braunton & B of B class 501 Squadron? I have always liked this photo, although it is a bit fuzzy. Seeing those big locos gliding through Vauxhall on their way to and from Waterloo was always an impressive sight.

post-14351-0-44597600-1518178689_thumb.jpg

Is the letter B, Friday's letter or do I need to ask for a C?

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

OMG, awesome photographs (saved for personal use), first one I have seen of a 40 on a passenger at Buchanan Street, do you have any more, would love to see them if you have.

Will have a look for you. (AM)

• RMweb Gold

Another day another letter? C  -  This loco has been captioned Cumbria, in Dad's album, although I can't see a name plate, unless it has its name on the small plate on the bunker.

post-14351-0-01413900-1518251003_thumb.jpg

More Cs please

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure the nameplate is there Phil.  Follow a vertical line down from the steam dome to the light coloured (Cream/ straw ?) lining along the bottom of the saddle tank. The right vertical edge of the nameplate is visible as a dark upright line and will lead the eye left along the plate.

Nice shot of Cumbria, a loco I remember from a too long ago visit to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite. I recall astonishment being expressed by onlookers as the contents of a waste bin, including drinks cans, were fed into the firebox .

Regards,

John

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure the nameplate is there Phil.  Follow a vertical line down from the steam dome to the light coloured (Cream/ straw ?) lining along the bottom of the saddle tank. The right vertical edge of the nameplate is visible as a dark upright line and will lead the eye left along the plate.

Nice shot of Cumbria, a loco I remember from a too long ago visit to the Lakeside & Haverthwaite. I recall astonishment being expressed by onlookers as the contents of a waste bin, including drinks cans, were fed into the firebox .

Regards,

John

Now you have pointed it out I can see where it is. Thanks. Dad's colour photos were rarely as good as his mono ones. How he would have loved digital photography. He wouldn't have had to spin out a 24 exposure roll of film over several months as he often did.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice one of the Cambrian Coast Express, when locos still got a bit of a polish. In hunting down this 'C' I remembered that I had had a go at restoring the nearside  buffer, which had been cut off by Dad's framing. I will add the modified one just for interest's sake! It's fun to play about in Photoshop, but it's slightly worrying when one sees what deceit one can achieve - Is the term 'photographic evidence' still valid?

post-14351-0-83573700-1518293510_thumb.jpg

post-14351-0-10247900-1518293723_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4

Crimes! When I first went to Dubai in 1972, it was a hotel across the road from the creek!

Things have changed since then.  Take your cheque book with you next time you visit the creek, or anywhere else in Dubai for that matter.  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Driver of Diesel Multiple Unit at Girvan

post-89-0-78074800-1518463235_thumb.jpg

Swindon Unit at Girvan, 1982, on a Stranraer train

I can add any number of DMUs, but I think I will keep my powder dry, for now.

Regards

Ian

Edit: Typos

Edited by Ian Smeeton
  • Like 2