The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

This topic really gets my goat! Here is former DSB MY1108, at the time (2001) one of two locos acquired by Tågåkeriet i Bergslagen in Sweden, painted and lettered in tribute to the Great Northern Railway (not Railroad) of the USA - complete with that company's famous mountain goat emblem.

2U01012b.jpg

1U02019.jpg

(A case of rescuing an under-exposed slide as the specular reflection had fooled my dear T90's meter - thank Fuji for the latitude of Provia!)

That was apparently done for a film where the star refused to go to their USA for some reason, so they painted that (because it looks slightly like an F unit) and a shunter of some sort in GNR orange & green, so they could pretend Sweden was Montana (or something similar).

I keep finding models of it when searching eBay for Great Northern stuff (thankfully looking for HO scale eliminates that Doncaster junk ;) ).

• Like 1

That was apparently done for a film where the star refused to go to their USA for some reason, so they painted that (because it looks slightly like an F unit) and a shunter of some sort in GNR orange & green, so they could pretend Sweden was Montana (or something similar).

I keep finding models of it when searching eBay for Great Northern stuff (thankfully looking for HO scale eliminates that Doncaster junk ;) ).

Yes, here is the other loco: T43 107.

post-10122-0-01039900-1506420796_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I don't think any of my railway photos show anything further north than Oxford, so it's another one of Dad's next - looking like a solid bit of motive power - but I could be wrong. (Edit - I did take some in NORTH Wales)

post-14351-0-24881900-1506456027_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters

Train on left of pic, via ecml.

I went the other way.

Not a very good photo, but its my most northern railway photo from the most northern bit of the standard gauge railway network.

The buffers at Thurso, where one ScotRail driver decided he would be the most northern train ever by a few more inches then anyone else...

post-27529-0-41885200-1506460677_thumb.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

GNER liveried 82217 ready to depart Glasgow Central. February 2007

post-408-0-74408500-1506461016_thumb.jpg

Charlotte, North Carolina, November 2016

The Lynx rapid transit system.

post-408-0-93731800-1506461142_thumb.jpg

And a lot further north on the same continent.

Squamish, Britsh Coliumbia, in the rain. April 2017

post-408-0-08567700-1506461339_thumb.jpg

East or West tomorrow?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1